Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

High Sierra Update (Video)
LSF Member
From Twin Cities
With the ice holding up well a few of us decided to take a "Mental Health Day" on Friday and head to the high country to fish some hardwater.

After a two hour drive we were on the lake at 7:00 am with hopes the morning bite would produce. We got our holes drilled and whacked a few chunky Bows right away. Things slowed down after the first few fish and by 8:00 I was drilling more holes in search of fish.

We spent the rest of the day chasing trout in anywhere from 14-56 FOW, with the trout suspending mainly at the 12' mark in 24-26 FOW. The deeper we went the higher the trout in the water column, with the fish right under the ice in 56 FOW.

Once again having good electronics was key and FL-20 allowed me to pinpoint where the fish were in the water column. We ended up catching 20 trout between four guys in five hours of fishing, letting 12 of those go to swim another day. Jigging was key as the set lines only produces four fish.

I was able to get enough footage for a short video, hope you guys enjoy as the backdrop is just as awesome as the fishing.

Posted on: 2011/3/13 13:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: High Sierra Update (Video)
Pro Staff
From Detroit Lakes/Fergus Falls
Very cool video! The backdrop is indeed awesome!
I can't believe you have the lake to yourself!
Awesome!

Posted on: 2011/3/13 19:28

LSF Member
From Backus, MN
Nice job Travis, thanks for the video!

Posted on: 2011/3/13 19:34
www.conquestscents.com

LSF Member
From Albertville
Looks AWSOME!! I couldnt even see you breath!

Posted on: 2011/3/13 21:52

Walleyes or Whitetails? So many options so little time!

LSF Member
From Twin Cities
Thanks guys, can't really beat fishing in 40-50 degree weather. Best part is I get home and the shorts and the flipflops go on. I sure am missing MN late ice though.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 13:55

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page