Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Ice Fishing??
Pro Staff
From Duluth
Anyone been out anywhere lately? I still haven't put my gear away yet. Since it feels like winter still. May as well try for some Crappies somewhere, if there is some good ice. Anyone up for a run somewhere Sat. afternoon? I'm up for suggestions.

Posted on: 2007/4/9 21:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice Fishing??
LSF Member
From Lake Superior
ICE FISHING!!....you and this weather are killing me! I am hoping to bring the boat out of TH on Sunday. My easter wish for warmer weather isn't working out so well.

Have fun and be safe on the ice....give us a report on conditions!

Posted on: 2007/4/10 8:42

LSF Member
Eric...Skinny....how much snow is up there after the last blast? I may be coming up Friday for a quick trip on the drink if the weather is going to warm a bit. Whether I come or not will depend on the snow cover....no can get into the cabin, no come up.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 9:42

Pro Staff
From Duluth
There really isn't that much left. The sunny areas have grass showing through. 4-6 inches in the shade. So unless your cabin is deep in the woods, I think your o.k. Unfortunately, as of last night, the weather man was calling for another 4-8 inches, starting tonight. We'll see. I hope he's way off.

If you do make it up. Give me a shout. As you can see, I'm looking for ideas.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 10:00

LSF Member
I'll wait until Thursday to make the call on coming. Maybe be pm'ing you for details Weds evening....gonna be around?

Posted on: 2007/4/10 10:03

LSF Member
Tom
Where you are, up the cow path off the wagon trail? There cold be more snow depending on how hard the area got hit by the last blizzard. I recall the shore getting it about the same as Duluth though the melting temps vary a bit.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 10:30

LSF Member
I was fishing around the Chisholm area and found almost 20 inches of ice. That was on Easter. I know most the lakes in that area are fine. The shorlines are all froze up, so there is easy access.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 11:21

LSF Member
I just drove out to Pike Lake and the ice is still right up to the shore.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 12:46

Pro Staff
From Duluth
Yep. Pretty weird Spring. I was down in the Cities for Easter. Lots of open water down there. Even some open golf courses. But now I'm home, so I am going ice fishing. My boat is all ready to go, but I guess you have to take what Mother Nature gives ya.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 13:55

LSF Member
From Walker, MN
Bad spring.

Skinny is talking about ice fishing yet, Crappie Tom is saying Ill keep you posted and I may come up, and Tim Baker has a avatar of a cat shooting something, Wow we need spring soon.

I do like the Cat Tim is that A Tabby cat? LOL.

Posted on: 2007/4/10 19:58

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page