Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Bitter Part of Winter Report...
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
As we all know, winter is here. Temps have been bottoming out and everyone's patience has been tested. Things break, blood boils, but the fish keep right on with their daily lives. Some seem less apt to bite than others, but overall the fishing is still good.

Walleyes can still be had during prime-time in the morning, and again in the evening and into darkness. Daytime fish are a bonus on most lakes in the area right now. To maximize your chances at some good fishing, get out there an hour before sunset and stay until at least an hour after. Fish have been uber-deep during the day, with many fish hanging in 40+' of water. At twilight they move up as shallow as 5' of water to feed.

Two good perch bites going right now, 30+' of water and less than 13' of water. With the lack of snow on the lakes in the area, there's still plenty of o2 in shallow, and lots of forage is still hanging in the standing weeds and mats... Frostee Spoons packed with euros or tipped with minnow heads has worked well.

Panfish in the area are still going strong. I had guests out for crappies and bluegills this past week on 2 different lakes, and the action was fast and furious. Moving until we found the pods, and then setting up the Clam's to stay warm was the ticket. Fish were holding in 20-24' of water on both lakes, and were eating up euros.

Posted on: 2013/1/21 11:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bitter Part of Winter Report...
LSF Member
From EGF, MN
Thanks for the report Matt! Always like to hear from all the Bemidji guys. I like to think that I am a tough fisherman, but I have to admit that I wouldn't have been out in this cold!

Posted on: 2013/1/21 17:42

LSF Member
From Central Minnesota
Nice report Matt. It's good to hear you're having another great year up there

Posted on: 2013/1/21 18:16

Staff Team
From Annandale
Excellent report and pics!

Posted on: 2013/1/21 18:31

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Quote:

LandonA wrote:
Thanks for the report Matt! Always like to hear from all the Bemidji guys. I like to think that I am a tough fisherman, but I have to admit that I wouldn't have been out in this cold!

Let me know when you're around again, Lando. We should get together!

Posted on: 2013/1/23 9:00

LSF Member
From St. Cloud & Nisswa, MN
Wow Matt those are some nice fish. Great work getting them to bite after such a drastic cold front.
You sure know your business.

Posted on: 2013/1/23 9:11

LSF Member
From Walker
Great report!

Posted on: 2013/1/23 9:16

LSF Member
From EGF, MN
Sure will Matt! I might be heading there this weekend. Was hoping for more snow for sledding. Is there many people out riding in the Bemidji area or is is tough sleddin?

Posted on: 2013/1/23 10:08

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Let me know if you make it, maybe take a run on sleds up to Dale's for a burger? Trails are pretty decent in the woods, but the main stuff is all pretty hard-packed. I won't be able to keep up to you, but it would be fun hanging again! ;)

Posted on: 2013/1/23 12:46

LSF Member
From Hutchinson/Bemidji
Nice report Matthew, hoping to get up there this weekend myself to chase down some pannies!

Posted on: 2013/1/23 14:01

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page