Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

HOLY Snowballs Report...
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Well, we got roughly 14" of snow, on top of the already existing 13" plus... Travel off of plowed roads is not advised. If you are using plowed roads, be sure to respect them, and not drill on the roads, or block them. Tossing a $5 at the plow guys doesn't hurt either... ;)

On a good note, the fish didn't seem to care one bit that we had a giant front coming through! Walleye and perch fishing on Lake Bemidji continues to be quite good. Renters came in on Friday and caught fish on the first 4 drops when they entered the house, and had steady action all weekend. Pretty even mix of walleyes and perch, even mid-day. Deeper water is still putting out, but we've stuck to the mid-depths around mid-lake structure. Set lines are producing well. Family went out in the blizzard and found that the set lines are producing, as are bigger spoons tipped with a head or Lindy Darters in gold or dace.

Panfishing is also going strong. We hit some untouched water on Sat. pre-storm with sleds and struggled to find pods, but once located they were hot. Last spot of the day we found fish 4-6' under the ice over 14-21' of water on a steep break. Literally fished right under the 'ducer on the FL-22HD... very fun and surprising this early in the season! We managed a pile of crappies, biggest going 14", and 3 'gills over 10"!

Good luck out there, and be SAFE! Bring your shovel, tow straps, and common sense!

Posted on: 2013/2/11 17:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: HOLY Snowballs Report...
Pro Staff
From walker
I saw on wcco today that Bemidji got 18 inches !!

Posted on: 2013/2/11 18:14
www.walleyetrips.com
Fish house rental - www.leechlakeicefishing.com
218-368-6424

Staff Team
From Annandale
Dandy fish! Thats a serious load of snow you received up there.

Posted on: 2013/2/11 19:51

LSF Member
From Bemidji
I need to buy a plow just to get to my wheelhouse!

Posted on: 2013/2/11 20:49

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
I hear ya', Chaz! I need to get mine off in the next few days to tote it down for Eelpout Fest...

I don't know about 18", most I heard from someone was 15"... but really, when it's that much, does it matter? Haha! I was on the plow tonight for a few hours, and my back is aching from clean up shoveling...

Posted on: 2013/2/11 22:40

LSF Member
From St. Cloud & Nisswa, MN
Thanks Matt for the great report, nice fish! I can't believe the great perch bite you've enjoyed all year.
Might have to head up for last ice.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 10:12

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Nice fish Matt! Thanks for the report!

Posted on: 2013/2/12 10:33

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
I'd like to update the travel conditions... slush has made it scary to travel on unpressured lakes, even with a sled. Was absolutely buried on Friday night with the sled. Even on clean snow, floating is so bad that it's tough on the machine, and only a matter of time until you stop floating and bog down....

Hopefully this cold snap on the horizon solidifies things a bit!

Posted on: 2013/2/18 10:47

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page