Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

LK Bemidji favorite ice fishing depth.
LSF Member
From First city on the Mississippi
Hi Anglers,

I am curious to see what everyone's favorite ice fishing depth is in LK Bemidji. There is tons of options and tons of structure. Let's have a little fun and share.

What's your Favorite depth?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: LK Bemidji favorite ice fishing depth.
LSF Member
From First city on the Mississippi
I will start it off. Mine is 19 ft. I've had some great multi species luck at this depth and lost a hog.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:58

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Depends on the day and conditions, time of year, mood of fish, forage, etc... I really like the deeper depths, but the really shallow bites are a blast as well, 8-12' of water. If I could only fish one depth on Bemidji in the winter, I'd pick 33'.

Posted on: 2014/1/12 11:07

LSF Member
From Bemidji
If we are setting up for the day, we generally try to stay in less than 30 fow to reduce swim bladder issues, but deeper than the weedline. We look for a classic inside turn that leads from deep water to a 5-10 bar. Then we try to draw them in with noise and flash combined with a dead stick, not very proactive, but it sure is relaxing!

Posted on: 2014/1/21 17:42

LSF Member
From In the DOGHOUSE!
I like to be at around 16 to 18 ft. You will get perch and eyes at happy hours and bonus ones during the day!

Posted on: 2014/1/21 20:53

Pro Staff
From Brainerd, MN
Tons of options out there and just about all can be very productive. I have had some great ice fishing out there in less than 10 feet; a lot less. I have also had a lot of fun fishing the deep water too. Just depends what you are looking to do.

Can't say I have a favorite however, so let's say 25 feet.

Posted on: 2014/1/21 22:05

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page