Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bemidji Area Opener Report...
LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
My wife was helping a friend on Sat. morning, so our group of 3 didn't hit the water until 1pm on opening day. It took us a bit to find a school of fish and to shake off the rust, but once we did it was pretty solid. Managed our 18 fish, with 2 over 20". Ended up being a pretty nice day despite a little chop. We found all of our fish hanging around bars, and they seemed to be lake spawners. Fish were caught in 18-21' of water for the most part... We were the only people on the lake for the last few hours. It was wonderful.

Sunday we went to bigger water and still fished alone most of the day. We once again filled the limit of anglers in need, but no bigger fish. All solid 15-19" fish. Completely different bite, as we fished 7-9' of water on sand/sand grass.

Monday I guided a group for a half day and they were able to capitalize despite some really cruddy weather. Temp. had dropped 20 degrees and it was spitting rain all day. Again, a couple limits and 3 fish over 20" all caught in 7-10' of water again on sand/sand grass.

Nothing huge over the weekend, but some really solid fish. A lot of males were still milking when reeled in. On Sat. my boat was covered in it... Golden or spottail shiners worked, didn't notice a huge difference between the two like I do most years. 1/4oz. jigs were the mainstay, blue and pink dominated.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 20:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bemidji Area Opener Report...
LSF Member
From Janesville Wisconsin
Nice report Matt.Thanks for posting.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 20:57

Staff Team
From Annandale
Great report Matt! That's a solid couple days on the water.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 22:05

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Nice report! I really like that lower left pic.

Posted on: 2014/5/13 22:08

LSF Member
From Walker
Well done sir!

Posted on: 2014/5/14 9:45

LSF Member
From Central Minnesota/Big Lake
Thanks for the report and nice photos!

Posted on: 2014/5/14 9:52

LSF Member
From Bemidji, MN
Thanks, guys! Now a week of mushroom guiding and working, then back to walleyes! Spring is great in god's country!

Posted on: 2014/5/15 9:31

LSF Member
From St. Cloud & Nisswa, MN
Nice fish Matt

Posted on: 2014/5/15 9:41

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page