Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

lake superior boat launches
LSF Member
Are there any launches open from mcquade or north of there?????would like to do some trolling close to shore...mcquade still had ice at the docks the last time we checked....also any idea when local lakes will be open to do some crappie fishing???getting sick of driving to pool 4 and the rainy to get on some water....I just bought a new boat and have a serious fishing itch right now..any thoughts or info on would be much appreciated....

Posted on: 2015/4/3 17:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: lake superior boat launches
LSF Member
From Twin Cities
Haven't seen it with my own eyes, but I have read a couple of posts over on Great Lakes Angler within the last day or two stating Two Harbors, McQuade, and Rice Point were all open. The post about McQuade said the last of the ice broke up and blew out on the 2nd.

If you go, good luck! Few days of work to do on my boat first, but hope to make a run there within the next couple of weeks.

Posted on: 2015/4/4 6:58

LSF Member
From Cloquet, MN
Two harbors and Rices point are lauchable. Docks were messed up by ice at Rices, but the DNR said they would be fixed by wednesday.
Weather this week looks tough, but looking at dumping the boat in this weekend.....guessing it will be busy. Hoping to hear on McQuade this week, there wasnt much left from what I was told.

I'll try to post later in the week after all this east/NE wind lets up.

Posted on: 2015/4/6 15:20

LSF Member
From Duluth/Waskish
lots of boats out of McQuade the last few days.

Posted on: 2015/4/6 19:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page