Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bear hunting preference points
LSF Member
From Champlin/Mahtowa mn
Hey guys just had a question regarding preference points for bear hunting. So two years ago I was picked for lottery was was junior year in high school. This year I am going to be a freshmen in college. SO this year and last year I was not picked for the lotto. IT says I have 2 preference points. IS That right? I thought if your were picked you went down to 1 preference point not 0

Posted on: 8/5 16:18:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bear hunting preference points
LSF Member
That is correct. Due to the lack of permits [3000 or so] it takes 3-5 years to get drawn in most areas. Supposedly there are a lack of bears, I'm not seeing that..

Posted on: 8/5 16:46:18

LSF Member
From Champlin/Mahtowa mn
yeah that what I was thinking too bad It wasn't like every other year like 7 years ago

Posted on: 8/5 16:59:26

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Bear everywhere in central MN. Not sticking to the woods and less populated area any more, don't seem to worry about humans at all. Seen them middle of the day near our hunting land near Mora. One ran across 47 driving home from the cabin the other day middle of the day. Talking to the neighbors near the hunting land they have never seen so many bears.

Posted on: 8/6 21:06:15

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page