Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

venison canning
LSF Member
I just canned my first batch of canned venison. It tastes good but isn't really tender. Used pint jars and cooked at 15 psi for 90 minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted on: 9/28 7:33:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: venison canning
LSF Member
Canned Veni can be so good ,yum ! Now I'm not up on the canning process, or what cuts make the best product , but it's possible ur meat isn't very tender cause of the way it's been cut . I think cutting with the grain ,as opposed to against the grain , makes a difference on tenderness . I'm sure there's somebody out there that can steer you better on this subject though.. I know I sure enjoyed canned venison with some added bar-b-que sauce while in the fish house , served on buns ..

Posted on: 9/28 8:33:27

LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

jwilly wrote:
I just canned my first batch of canned venison. It tastes good but isn't really tender. Used pint jars and cooked at 15 psi for 90 minutes. Am I doing something wrong?
Should be tender at 15 lbs at 90 min.What canner you usin?Preset or jiggler.Jigglers are fool proof the preset can get out of calibration and do what you mention,If thats the problem it may not be safly eatable if under presorized for 90 minutes.

Posted on: 9/28 16:47:21

LSF Member
Jiggler.

Posted on: 9/28 22:27:16

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page