Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Nice Places to Stay LOW or Red Lake area
LSF Member
From nw suburbs
Have never been to the LOW and was looking to make a trip at the end of this month. Well that or Red Lake but I have been there once. I know its a last minute ordeal and might not be in luck to find anything nice or worth while for 4 days. Here is what we are looking for:

1.) Somewhere to sleep on shore that is clean and not old as dirt. Stayed at a place in leech lake that looked nice online but was a dump when we got there (smelt like dog piss, dog hair everywhere) an no matter how much I drank I couldn't sleep...
2.) Possibly anywhere that is kid friendly for 13 year old's for at night, might not be too many and that is okay as well, just looking for something that might have things for them to do (pool, etc). This isn't as important as something nice though #1
3.) Would prefer 1 or 2 bedroom.
4.) Any private cabins/rentals advise would be good as well!
5.) Kids (boys) really just want to catch larger fish as they haven't , caught anything bigger before. Haven't gone for the last 3 or so years so not really familiar with which lake is hot/best right now, any advise?

If anyone can help chime in on the above it would be appreciated.

Thx

Posted on: 2018/12/11 21:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Nice Places to Stay LOW or Red Lake area
LSF Member
bayview lodge best place

Posted on: 2018/12/12 7:49

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Just about anything up near LOW or along Rainy River are good. Only ones I know with a pool are Sportsmans Lodge or Americinn back near town. https://lakeofthewoodsmn.com/

For Red lake your nearest option with a pool is probably the motel in Blackduck.

Are you planning to fish DIY or house rental?

Posted on: 2018/12/12 7:58

LSF Member
Sportsman's Lodge has nice lodge rooms (hotel room) and villas. The cabins are dumps. They have also have a pool.

Posted on: 2018/12/12 17:08

LSF Member
From nw suburbs
Quote:

Ret-ro wrote:
Just about anything up near LOW or along Rainy River are good. Only ones I know with a pool are Sportsmans Lodge or Americinn back near town. https://lakeofthewoodsmn.com/

For Red lake your nearest option with a pool is probably the motel in Blackduck.

Are you planning to fish DIY or house rental?

Open for fishing either scenario as we have flipovers/popups but the couple places I have tried have been booked.

Is the AmericInn far from the main roads to get onto the lake?

Posted on: 2018/12/12 17:55

LSF Member
From Plymouth, MN
At this point your best luck is to contact each lodge up there for vacancies. Having recently booked a January trip what I did was copy and paste the same email and sent it to each lodge in the area. Those that don't reply pick up the phone and call.

You can also go to https://lakeofthewoodsmn.com/lodging-availability-request/ and fill out the form. That sends an email to anyone in the LOW association.

If you stay in Baudette it is about 15 minutes to get to the lake access up on the River. A little longer if you are heading west.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2018/12/12 18:25

LSF Member
From nw suburbs
Has anyone stayed at rainy river resort? Pros/Cons?
Thanks

Posted on: 2018/12/12 19:22

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page