Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

St. Croix River Fish & Camp
LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
We recently embarked on a paddling, fishing and camping adventure on the Saint Croix River. We put the Kayaks in at Interstate Park (MN) and our take out point was Marine on St. Croix (16.1 miles downstream). In between those launches we explored the river, back waters, caught multiple different species of fish, camped one night at a primitive site, got rained on and had a blast! I can't wait to get back out on that stretch of river.

To watch a video of our adventure, click HERE

Attach file:

jpg  Fish and Camp 2.jpg (1,425.22 KB)
14215_5d3724ac03e97.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2019/7/23 10:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: St. Croix River Fish & Camp
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Cool looking trip! I've wanted to do that same trip for years now.

Posted on: 2019/7/24 8:16

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Cool looking trip! I've wanted to do that same trip for years now

I would recommend it! I had been wanting to do it for a while as well and then did it back to back weeks. They have Canoe and Kayak rentals at Interstate Park (MN) and offer a shuttle service with pickups at either the Osceola Bridge or William O' Brien State Park.

Posted on: 2019/7/24 8:56

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Did you have campsite options or did you reserve a specific one before the trip? Would you ever do 2 nights or is there not that much to explore?

Posted on: 2019/7/24 9:08

LSF Member
Nice!!!

The last time I did a trip on the St Croix was the summer before I went in the Air Force.

Started at Hwy 70, camped and fished, portaged around Taylor's Falls, and got off at I94.

Posted on: 2019/7/24 9:13

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
Quote:
bottlebass wrote:
Did you have campsite options or did you reserve a specific one before the trip? Would you ever do 2 nights or is there not that much to explore?

Between our put in (Interstate Park, MN) and our Take Out (Marine on St. Croix) there was about 15 or so primitive camp sites but they are first come, first serve (and free - you just need an annual permit which is also free to camp in that section of the river). In our findings most were open but a few had been taken. There is also the Eagles Nest Campground on the way which has facilities and group sites. You could reserve a site at William O'Brien State park in that area too. I would camp 2 nights out there but depending on water levels I might stay the night in 2 different sites.

My next trip I would like to explore the St. Croix River above Taylors Falls maybe around the Grantsburg area.

Posted on: 2019/7/24 20:58

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page