Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

SW Metro Fishing League-join up!
LSF Member
From Burnsville, Minnesota
Someguy102 and I are still getting this going this year. Last year was fun, but only a handful of people joined in. Is there something we can do to increase the numbers? We are keeping the costs down to help, but what can you tell us to do to improve?

Posted on: 2008/3/1 0:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: SW Metro Fishing League-ideas?
LSF Member
There must be some fishermen out there wanting to get into this. Let's hear from you!

Posted on: 2008/3/1 19:05

LSF Member
From Simsbury CT
Jim how come i havent heard about this?

Posted on: 2008/3/1 22:07

LSF Member
From Faribo area
What did you have in mind?

Posted on: 2008/3/2 0:30

LSF Member
Mr fish, don't know why as we did have it posted all year. Maybe you can join us sometime. Watch for postings on a schedule and see what you might find that fits your schedules.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 1:41

LSF Member
Justinlkgb, We are open at this time for any suggestions. We had weekly get togethers for small contest type event each week last year. We just started up last year and I am in favor of keeping the costs down so more can join in. Last year it was $10 person/$20 boat of two people with an equalizer for if you fished alone. What can you add to the package for ideas?

Posted on: 2008/3/2 1:50

LSF Member
From South West Metro
You can get more league info at www.multispeciesfishing.com (I'll get this updated soon. My personal computer has been down...)

there are rules posted, and pics from last summer as well as some writeups from each weeks event.

I think one thing we need to change this year is to make a schedule at the beginning of the season for which lake we will be fishing, and when rather than doing it week to week like we did last year.

This means we need to get together some time soon and build the schedule. Anyone who wants to be involved should come, and that way we can make sure we get all of the lakes people want to fish included in the season schedule.

We should have open water in a month or so here, so its probably time to get thinking about this. We had some good crappie tourneys pre-season last year.

So start thinking about what lakes you want to fish, and we can figure out a date that we can get together and build the schedule for the year.

This was a very good time last year. Its friendly competition. There's a little bit of money on the line just for fun. Its multispecies fishing so whatever your specialty, you can win these events. It truly benefits the versatile all around skilled fisherman who can learn a new lake quickly, and catch whatever species that body of water holds in abundance.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 13:58

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

Whack em and stack em!

LSF Member
From Blaine MN and McGregor MN
I started a small bass league 2 years ago about the same as your set up. It is a lot of fun and also a good excuse to get out during the week. I don't know what you guys fish for but we had around a dozen guys in our league that may be interested. What do you fish for? Where? What time and when?
Thanks !!!

Posted on: 2008/3/17 22:18

LSF Member
See post #7 and check out the link to the league. We fish mainly west and south of the twin cities. We try to go on less busy days like mid-week. The league is set up on a points system with multi-species fishing available. I won once with one crappie in the boat! There is even a multiplier to equalize if only one person in the boat. Come join us on an outing and you will enjoy the slight competition there is between us. We are willing to grow, just as long as we stay below the DNR stats for contests needing a permit. Keeping it small will help others develop their own leagues in areas is our hope. Since you have been involved in such, maybe you can review what we have going and offer some suggestions. You may do so by PM to me or someguy102. Thanks for showing some interest in this venture. We are still young and growing.

Posted on: 2008/3/17 22:58

LSF Member
From South West Metro
Alright folks. Its time to put together the schedule for the 2008 South Metro Multi Species Fishing League. If you are interested in being part of the league please post the best week day for us to hold events on, and a list of your favorite lakes. We will try to pick the day of the week that works for the most people, and will work it out so that everyone gets to fish their favorite lake at least once. All lakes must be in the South Metro area. Say, north to Minneapolis, south to Jordan, west to Waconia, and east to the the Mississippi.

See the league website at www.multispeciesfishing.com

There is a link there that has all of the league rules and information on the scoring system. There are also writeups from all of last years tournaments, pictures to document our catches, and 2007 standings.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 21:46

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.

Whack em and stack em!

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page