Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Insulated flip overs
LSF Member
My old Frabill flip over is starting to show its age but it has done me well. I have a couple of pop ups but think it is time for an insulated flip over (gets way too windy on Lake Winnipeg for the pop up some times)
Please give me your opinions on brand and models please.
I saw Jeff;s insulated Clam this past week and Brads insulated side Frabill but still would like your opinions.
Jim.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 13:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Insulated flip overs
LSF Member
From Grand Rapids
I have the Clam X2 thermal and I do like it a lot. I love the fact that it has the rapid system for taking it down. I hated pushing the pins in when it is -20 out they always freeze up or don't want to go in. The sled is very thick and tough if you want that and the gray is super nice for finding stuff in it . I have been really happy with the house so far.

Cons: The bar for the seats is not in the center so you have less room on the back side of the bar which is annoying when doing long trips. The seat slings for storage are nice but I took them off scene they hang so low and can fit anything under them. I also ordered some extra u channel to hold the tarp on since the are about 10 inches short on both sides, it helps a ton with wind and warmth. I was mad you paid a lot of money and the u- channel is 20 inches shorter then I would think it would be.

If I was to do it again I would get the otter xt 1200 lodge. it is a little more fishing room and the seat bar is in the center and seats are up a little more for under storage. But I have been really happy with the X2

IF you have any questions let me know, I'm super picky about stuff so the cons might seam like a lot but I really do like the X2 thermal

Posted on: 2015/1/11 13:30

LSF Member
Otter Lodge

Posted on: 2015/1/11 13:57

LSF Member
From oshkosh, wisconsin
otter all the way, i run the xt900 and without a doubt the best tubs and canvas of all the makes out there. the square poles are the cats meow. i spray some silicone spray on em every year and they slide like butter. never had the buttons freeze up either. the extra long skirt on the inside of the tub is also a huge plus to keep out wind and never have a heater going out or cold breeze on the back of your boots. got 3 seasons on mine now and have had zero issues what so ever. really like the sportsmans caddy as well. drink holders, bait holders and storage for extra propane bottles or rod holders, tools, etc. the molded in hitch pockets on the sled are also a great addition. all in all can not go wrong with a fully insulated otter.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 14:14

LSF Member
From NE MN
I have had an Otter xt 1200 for just over a year now and am very happy with it. It is heavier but not to bad if it isn't loaded with gear. Stays real warm inside with just a little heat and keeps the wind out.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 15:08

Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
Just buy mine Jim.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 17:20
Catfish University

Field Staff
From Willmar, MN
Otter, definately worth the extra few bucks.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 21:53

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
2016 Team Archery Contest Winner

LSF Member
From MN
After buying my otter cabin and fishing out of it, it would be hard for me to buy anything else. It is on the heavy side but to me it seems to be built like a rock. It is a spacious one man and a decent two man. Being that it is on the heavier side, I've noticed if I am by myself, its not all that difficult to load into the truck. Catch the molds for the hitch on the tailgate and then lift the backend up and slide 'er in.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 22:41

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
My flip was an Otter Lodge Jim.

Posted on: 2015/1/11 22:55

LSF Member
I purchased the Otter Cabin XT1200 this year after using an old Clam Voyager.

I really like my Otter. It is super easy to set-up, and weight wise it is very manageable even though I am not a big guy.
The best part is that in the wind the shack is very stable with minimal movement. I believe the heavy cloth aids in this. I am able to heat the entire shack with my Big Buddy on low, which is a nice change. I have always wanted an insulated shack, but it was not in the budget until now. After having one I would never go back. It is worth every penny in my opinion.

Posted on: 2015/1/12 10:18

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page