Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Minnetonka regional park access
LSF Member
From Burnsville mn
Anyone use the Minnetonka regional park access to get out onto Lake Minnetonka. They had a warning sign for ice that said ice is never safe. I went down there to check it out and I didn't see hardly anybody in that area. Is this a dangerous parts of Lake Minnetonka you don't want to wander out on or is it just like any other place on Lake Minnetonka?

Posted on: 2/6 22:25:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Minnetonka regional park access
LSF Member
I assume your talking about the landing right across from crane island

I've been out their in previous years not this one thou

as with all landings on Tonka, Henn Co water patrol puts signs at each of them

it's used regularly in the winter, and kind of a walleye spot

with that said, still be safe....

Tt

Posted on: 2/7 9:27:53

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Are you talking about walking out or driving out from there? I've never used it but looking at the map can't see why that part would be any more dangerous than any other access to the lake. If it was a commonly used access you think you would be able to see all the tracks in the snow/ice and on the landing.

Posted on: 2/7 17:25:10

LSF Member
From Burnsville mn
Yes the one in front of crane island. Just looking to fir new part of lake Minnetonka to explore. If heard there could be dangerous ice around island on lake Minnetonka. And i expected to see people out there to play follow the leader.. Thanks for the information

Posted on: 2/7 18:22:02

LSF Member
From Burnsville mn
Yes the one in front of crane island. Just looking to fir new part of lake Minnetonka to explore. If heard there could be dangerous ice around island on lake Minnetonka. And i expected to see people out there to play follow the leader.. Thanks for the information

Posted on: 2/7 18:22:41

LSF Member
From West Metro
The reason you don't see many people on that side of the lake is because there are pressure ridges that pop up between a few of the islands. It makes vehicle travel sketchy at best.

Posted on: 2/7 18:49:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page