1-10

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sundie23
    Participant

Well I got whooped yesterday. Fished new area that looked to not have been fished hardly at all. And one house within miles of me. Fished 7 different spots. And got 1 walleye and 2 tullibees. I fished tops breaks went way off the breaks and I think I marked 3 fish beside the 3 I got. Was very odd for the no pressure the spots had. And I’ve fished area many times before with good success in years past. Hoping it was just and bad day and fish were just laying low??? I gotta give it another try.

JT
      Participant

That’s fishing sometimes. Frustrating at times, but the next day could prove different. The rollercoaster weather can’t be helping the bite much either.

bigbear
        Participant

How much snow is on the ice out there? I’m heading there Monday from Michigan for the first time and pulling my 26ft house out. Is there a resort to access out of that you might recommend?

pulleye16
          Participant

Also, is snowmobile traffic good anywhere on the lake? Heading out in the dark (morning) and wondering if I need to worry heading to the flats in the middle.

Thanks

blipfix
            Participant

As of today there is still plenty of snow especially on main lake. The usual pressure ridges to watch out for.

sundie23
              Participant

Pulleye. There is 6″-18″ in spots. Snow is hard now after some rain and cold weather. Can drive sleds anywhere just watch for rough ice spots and cracks and ridges.

jake125
                Participant

I would call the resorts first to see if they will let you out with that big of a house before I make the 12 hour drive over

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.