1997 Yamaha Ventura 600

Home Forums General Forums The Garage and DIY 1997 Yamaha Ventura 600

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Canuck
    Participant

I have a back up sled a 97 Yamaha Ventura 600. Very low mileage and great shape. The only problem is 1st time starting it after sitting overnight I have to prime it with putting gas directly into the spark plugs. The rest of the day it starts like a charm.

Carbs have been all done, professionally, choke level is working but just wont prime itself.

I think it is just draining back and not have enough suction to start it in the morning. I checked the parts list and see a filter but no check valve.

IDEAS and thanks a bunch.

snow
      Participant

gas shut off valve easy install.shut fuel flow off after each use,works on my sled with same issue

dew2
        Participant

my guess is it must be sucking air somewhere in the intake,lots of hose clamps,gaskets for air to enter and rob the choke,the check valves are in the carbs
          intake schematic here>https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003ba8ff8700212fc83f7d7/intake

Of all the things I've ever done,
          I aint never had Too much fun.
          Canuck
          Participant

Snow and Dew2 THANKS a bunch. I will check both out. I had put a gas shut off in another sled to prevent it from being driven way when I lived up north.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.