2017 Bowhunter Observation Log

Home Forums Hunting Forums Bowhunting 2017 Bowhunter Observation Log

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    born
    Participant

I got this email today from.

The Minnesota DNR and University of Minnesota are partnering on a project using archery deer hunters as sources of information on deer and other wildlife. You have been selected at random to participate in this survey. We selected you based on the fact that you bought an archery deer license from 2014 – 2016. This is the first year of a survey that we hope to do annually.

I think I will participate. The email goes on to say that there are trying to get 17,000 to participate

This electronic log is set up so you can record daily observations over the course of the early season. We ask that you enter your hunt data on the same day as your hunt or shortly thereafter. Alternatively, feel free to keep track of your hunts on the paper log and electronically enter your data later. Each time you enter a hunt, it will be recorded automatically. However, If you mail us a paper log, you will not be able to keep track of your weather information on the datasheet.

Anybody else get one of these or have comments on whether I should participate

Help Yourself
      sundie23
      Participant

I got one from State of Missouri this year and last year. Mine asks on not just deer but all animals seen

rubberducky
        Participant

I got the letter in the mail today I’m considering doing it, they are asking about multiple other animals seen as well on the paper version

bottlebass
          Participant

Does it state what their goal is or what they plan on doing with the info? I’m not a bow hunter but I’d totally do it as long as the process isn’t too cumbersome.

born
            Participant

From the email

We intend to use this log to help monitor trends in deer populations, so data for no deer observed are as important as the data you enter when you see deer.

Please note that our data collection period is: September 16 – November 3, 2017

Help Yourself
              steelhead30
              Participant

I got the same thing. Mixed feelings on it. Likely, i will participate. If anything the log will be fun for my own self to look back upon. But I’ve never been a fan of sharing where and how often I hunt, let alone how many I see with people I don’t know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.