2017 Vikings Draft

Home Forums General Forums Minnesota Sports 2017 Vikings Draft

• This topic has 20 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Trick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Trick

The draft is upon us starting today, that being said in what order will they pick according to the 1st need and then order(s) of needs??
      RB, LB, Guard, Safety and QB are needed.
      We need some depth to say the least.
      Trades in the loom?
      With Teddy being doubtful to play again we will need a good back up QB.

Stand up and shout…
      SKOL

Trick

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      F6firecat
      Participant

The Vikings staff is oblivious. I was at a fund raiser where a few of the Viking executives were there, and I will say I understand any talk about the draft, before the draft is probably BS anyways, but from the talk I was involved with and just a bystander, they have no clue. They believe they made MAJOR upgrades in free agency, and that they only need to fill a COUPLE of holes to be a contender. Contender for what????

Way too many holes, major one at QB, so they pretty much have to go for best player available at each pick.

Serious needs – QB, NT, LB, OT

Major needs – OL, S, CB, WR, RB

They are wrecked for at least 3-4 years. And if they suck this year, Spiellman and Zim are gone, which will make it even longer before they are good, cuz they will have to start all over again.

Minnesota Sports Suck, get used to it.

Kato
        Participant

F6firecat wrote:
          The Vikings staff is oblivious. I was at a fund raiser where a few of the Viking executives were there, and I will say I understand any talk about the draft, before the draft is probably BS anyways, but from the talk I was involved with and just a bystander, they have no clue. They believe they made MAJOR upgrades in free agency, and that they only need to fill a COUPLE of holes to be a contender. Contender for what????

Way too many holes, major one at QB, so they pretty much have to go for best player available at each pick.

They are wrecked for at least 3-4 years. And if they suck this year, Spiellman and Zim are gone, which will make it even longer before they are good, cuz they will have to start all over again.

WOW what a cloudy outlook!

I think they need in the following order:

1) OL
          2) OL
          3) OL
          4) OL

5) Back up QB

Then they would be a contender in the NFC North. IMHO

F6firecat
          Participant

The problems with that draft strategy Kato is that Zim’s defense is predicated on a strong defensive NT. And since they forced Sheriff to play hurt last year, and he ended up with irreversible nerve damage in the knee and is likely done, Zim will want to for sure get a NT early in the draft. Oh, and they only have 2 LB’s, and require 3 or even 4. Don’t think Greenway is coming back this time to cover the hole.

Even though Ted Thompson is the most overrated GM in pro sports and has done NOTHING to help out the Packers, with Rodgers at QB they will always be contenders. And the Lions are improving all the time. Don’t think that bodes well for the Vikings that have way too many holes on offense and defense.

I like Speillman personally, but he ran the Dolphins into the ground, and he is slowly doing the same thing to the Vikings. Not sure why his plan does not work, but it doesn’t, the guys he is drafting just do not work out.

MasterGopherHunter
            Participant

F6firecat wrote:

Sounds like you should update your resume and have it ready for the Vikings or any other NFL team looking for a GM or other front office position.

OL is the top priority, which they did address to some degree through free agency, but drafting someone would be good too.
              NT, CB, LB, WR, S are the next priority in that order and find a backup QB.
              I’m not too interested on drafting a RB before the 4th round when they already have Murray and McKinnon, and the RB position is becoming less and less of a premier position in the league.

Reinhard
              Participant

Last year the Vikings had more than their share of injuries. Biggest need is offensive Line. No. 1 priority. We signed two good players for the OL in free agency so it helps but need back ups that can play as well as starters. Vikings may trade up also in the draft. Draft a future starting QB if available is always important. Nose tackle and linebacker are needed. But most important is to give Bradford help on the line. Bradford did well for us last year. good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

F6firecat
                Participant

I want nothing to do with that job, NO WIN situation for sure. Would love to be a cap space Administrator though, I think that would be a great job. But picking the talent, no way!

All this talk about a backup QB, interesting. Bradford is on the last year of his contract. Bridgewater may never come back and the Vikes cannot pick up his 5th year option. Keenum is on a 1 year. Hill is on his last year. But Heinicke is a restricted free agent, hey! So at the end of this year, they have ZERO quarterbacks. I think the Vikes need more than a backup QB. Hey, there is always CrapperNick, he is still available.

Kind of agree with RB’s, but they need to add one for depth, both McKinnon and Murray are injury prone. Pick up Jamaal Charles, and have 3 injury prone backs!!

MasterGopherHunter
                  Participant

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Keenum signing. Shaun Hill is a FA. The deadline for Bridgewater’s option is way too early for them to commit to that, which is why they won’t pick it up. That’s not a surprise given the huge unknown with his health. But I think they still have high promise for him so they’ll see how his rehab progresses and go from there. I wouldn’t be shocked if they signed Bradford to an extension. It’s a tough position that they’re in, and no good option. Things could be worse though, (T-Jack, Ponder, Webb)

CaptainCoors
                    Participant

Kato wrote:

F6firecat wrote:

WOW what a cloudy outlook!

I think they need in the following order:

1) OL
                      2) OL
                      3) OL
                      4) OL

5) Back up QB

Then they would be a contender in the NFC North. IMHO

What he said. Gotta have an O line otherwise no QB is going to help us.

F6firecat
                      Participant

Kind of goes both ways.

Green Bay doesn’t have the best/athletic OL either, but Rodgers makes them better by being mobile and good pocket awareness.

Same thing in Seattle, OL is awful, but Wilson makes them look better.

But, Dallas has the best OL in the league, and they made Dak look like an All-Pro.

Reinhard
                        Participant

Vikings get a steal in RB Dalvin Cook. good luck.

Anonymous

Reinhard wrote:
                            Vikings get a steal in RB Dalvin Cook. good luck.[/quote

So did minnesota criminal defense lawyers!

Lazyike
                            Participant

“But, Dallas has the best OL in the league, and they made Dak look like an All-Pro.”

Put him behind the Vikes O-line and he is ruined in a year or two.

If they are going to draft a scumbag they should have just went ahead and drafted Mixon.

Reinhard
                              Participant

2010 while in high school he was charged with robbery, charges dropped. 2014 shooting a gun on school grounds, charges dropped. 2015 misdemeanor battery outside a bar, found not guilty. So far not convicted of anything. Vikings are willing to give him a chance so I’m willing to forget his past and see what he does on the field while on this team and off the field. good luck.

Doberfishman
                                Participant

Oh the Queens make me laugh. Everyone here knows what they needed yet they draft a RB with their first pick. Spielman should be fired now before he can do anymore damage.

Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something - Ron Swanson
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.