2021 Red River Catfish Outlook

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Red River 2021 Red River Catfish Outlook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cateyepike
    Participant

WOW been a few years since anyone used this forum.  This site was big in getting my guide service off the ground many years ago.

2021 is coming in with very low water. Looking back at records it was 2012 since we started this low. Fishing that year started out with a bang and I have no reason to believe it will not happen again this year. We are still a couple weeks away from the beginning of the pre spawn push. People out fishing say its very slow for cats.  I am gearing up now and plan to start scouting April 20th when I get my boat back. Should be in full swing by May 1.

orandausa

I keep wanting to get up that way to try some Red River cat fishing. I have been hitting the MN river the last few years. It is getting into my blood. Keep us posted on how things are going in your area.

Tight lines.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
        cateyepike
        Participant

UPDATE 4-22-21

Rains a couple weeks back brought the river up to a nice level for now. The problem we are facing right now is that we just can’t seem to get any heat to get the fish moving. They are there but in neutral. Looking ahead at the forecast it will be another couple weeks I HOPE.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.