A little advice, please…. Again…

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Walleye A little advice, please…. Again…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    matthewkolden
    Participant

Alright, I’ll attach a couple screenshots of the lake I’m heading to this weekend. Would anyone be willing to look and give me a little advice on where to start looking for eyes?

I’ve been thinking finding the weed edges in shallower water, maybe 5-9 ft and pitching jigs. I’m assuming most of the walleye won’t be out too deep yet… Is that a safe assumption?

Any help from you guys who are way better at this than myself is highly appreciated.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      havinfun
      Participant

That’s a long ways from home there. I did here they were getting a few out there on the north tip. I would also go to the creek channel good luck

weedis99
        Participant

Tough lake to fish because of all the structure to try. There are good weedlines, points, islands, and humps. Lake has pretty much everything but can be rewarding if you get on them. Fish early mornings and evenings. It does have descent water clarity. The majority of fish I have caught over the years out there were trolling the various islands shallow and pulling/drifting rigs on structure or weeds.

Walleyes Fear Me, Women Want Me
          Reinhard
          Participant

I’ve never fished this lake. However just looking at it would make me stick to the north end of the lake and fish the shorelines around points and bays. Streams coming in would be a plus. This is a deeper lake so it would take longer to “warm up” than shallower lakes, so the north side would be the warmest at this point of the year. Kind of like fishing for panfish this time of the year, with the north side the better chance of fish being there in numbers. Minnows would be my choice for bait this time of year. Under a bobber or slow trolled with a single spinner and a split shot. Jigging would be a method I would use also. If things are slow go with bobber and minnow. good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

matthewkolden
            Participant

Thanks for the help guys.

I’ve managed 4 walleye so far. All of them have come trolling a shad rap around 2.3mph. The 3 last night were up in about 6 fow. The one this morning was in 12. I think tonight could be really good.

Reinhard
              Participant

I think that’s awsome Mathew!!! Great work for them eye’s. Probably did better than a lot of guy’s. good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.