Any action?

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Grand Rapids Area Any action?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stick
    Participant

Any action in the area? We had a tough weekend this past weekend on Pokegama for a guys “cast and blast”. The wind was howling. We trolled raps and caught a number of nice pike, but no Walleyes. Saw a number of birds grouse hunting as well. It was sad to pull the dock and lift, but I’m waiting for hard water now and eager. Maybe one or two more boat days yet.

Any other action?

May your house always smell like fish.
      TuffEnuff
      Participant

I’ve been doing a number on the fall, deep-water crappie. Pretty good bite going on a lot of lakes. Also, muskie fishing has been good. My walleye fishing will be taking off in grand style here in a day or two. It’s a good bite up here but you have to hit the right lakes.

"Fish til it Hurts!"..... Greg Clusiau
        RickG
        Participant

TuffEnuff
          Anything to report on winnie?
          Last I heard the weed bite has really heated up

TuffEnuff
          Participant

Rick ~

Believe it or not but I haven’t been on Winnie all year. Haven’t heard any recent reports either. Seems I’ve been spending most of my open-water time in the immediate area (Grand Rapids/Nashwauk) or “up north” (Rainy Lake).

TuffEnuff
            Participant

Rick ~

Here’s Tom Neustrom’s most recent report:

WINNIBIGOSHISH – The leaves tell the story of what a beautiful time of the year this truly is. Mother Nature’s paint brush is in full bloom and it just doesn’t get any better. The walleye fishing on Big Winnie has been excellent and many limits have been brought to the dock. Equally good most days has been Big Cutfoot, for the walleyes have been taken with regularity of late. Northland Fireball Jigs have been the best choice and nearly every wind swept point in Cutfoot has hungry walleyes lurking. Keep moving and you’ll find plenty of fish to make you happy. Little Cutfoot has been providing good crappie fishing and there are also reports of big bluegills in the mix as well. Very nice northern pike have been showing up and the anglers throwing wood (jerkbaits) have been doing well. With a few jumbo perch included it looks like the next few weeks will provide varied action and great fishing. Come join the fun! (Courtesy of Walleye Visions, Tom Neustrom, 218-327-2312)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.