Any fresh Kabetogama Reports?

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Rainy Lake & I Falls Area Any fresh Kabetogama Reports?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    northern_MN
    Participant

Headed up to Kabetogama next week for the first time ever. Just wondering if there are any fresh reports or any tips to catch some fish this time of year out there. Primarily targeting walleyes but willing to catch anything. Thanks in advance.

whiskey-
      Participant

Can’t speak for Kab specifically, but I fished the chain a week back.

for eaters, 12-18′ rock reefs produced the best, but wake up EARLY, or plan on fishing late past sunset. The deep bite wasn’t so good for us, except for the one day when there was good chop and afternoon clouds. lindys or glow-color jigs on a slow troll.

Couldn’t believe how many big smallmouth were on these lakes. I caught several 16″ and a 19″ bass by going down to the dock before sunrise and throwing skitter props around. The submerged rocks are goldmines up here.

I was lucky enough to catch a 42″ pike as well, though most of what I saw were the skinny guys. Spoons and rapalas in firetiger color is tried and true, trolling around islands and bays through variable depth. I couldn’t get a single hit on spinners and buzzbaits all week.

Good luck

northern_MN
        Participant

Thanks for the info whiskey. It is much appreciated. Going to be neat to check out some new water. Either way it is going to be a fun trip. I will report back how we end up.

Anyone else who has any more advice or fresh reports would be most welcome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.