Any luck?

Home Forums Hunting Forums Bowhunting Any luck?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    crestlinerman
    Participant

Been pretty quiet on here from a bowhunting stand point. Has it been slow or isnt anyone reporting on here anymore? I sat last evening saw seven total 4 different bucks. Two 8s were pushing each other around out in the field so they must be starting to get testy with each other. Whats everyone been seeing?

2011 and 2012 team archery contest winner
      sundie23
      Participant

I’ve hunted around home a CPL times and been down to Missouri twice. Been pretty slow for me both spots. Even the cameras have been not too hot. Have a cpl do decent ones but from the 3.5 year olds we had last year they are all gone including the 4+s

rubberducky
        Participant

Only been out a few times this year work has been crazy, cameras have been pretty slow one decent buck so far took a doe Sunday morning.

crestlinerman
          Participant

I agree about the lack of camera activity. I was getting a lot of picture up until we got the first frost. Ever since then its been real slow mostly does and fawns with a buck mixed in here and there. Cant believe rifle season is only a few weekends away seems to soon.

2011 and 2012 team archery contest winner
            chris63
            Participant

Every year is getting shorter……never seem to find the time.

nofishfisherman
              Participant

I’ve only been out once this season but had good activity 2 weeks ago when I was out. I am hunting around the Duluth area and saw deer each morning and afternoon I was out. Saw one small buck chasing a doe the first morning but she wanted nothing to do with him.

Had another nicer 8 pointer come through the next morning but he stayed a few yards too far out for my comfort zone.

I’m hunting in a city with an earn a buck requirement and I ended up fulfilling my need to take an antlerless deer that Friday afternoon. So the freezer is no longer empty and I’ll be able to spend the rest of the season looking for one of the mature bucks I know are in the area.

nofishfisherman
                Participant

Was out all day Sunday and Monday morning. Didn’t see a single thing either day.

I spent a few hours on Monday afternoon scouting some new areas and found a couple scraps and numerous rubs along a main trail. Too late for me to get in there with a stand this season as its rather in accessible and will need a new trail cut in order to make it feasible to get stands in/out along with getting a deer out.

Going back in 2 weeks for a 2 days hunt.

EyeHunter09
                  Participant

It’s been very hit or miss in regards to deer sightings lately. Friday and Sat were SLOW! Saw maybe two deer total. Sunday morning I saw 8, seemed like deer were everywhere. Sunday night, zero. Monday morning an 8pt and a doe. Monday night, not a deer to be seen in the crazy wind.

sundie23
                    Participant

Hunted at my house twice Sunday and yesterday and saw 2 good bucks with great shooting light just not in range. Heading to Missouri tomorrow for cpl days. Great cold front moving in Thurs night

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.