Are Boats a Good Investment?

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Boat & Motor Talk Are Boats a Good Investment?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mcreynolds
    Participant

Owning a boat is a great investment, but it can also be very expensive. Whether you are planning to go fishing or take a cruise with your new boat, you will have to pay a significant amount for maintenance. What are the prices you paid for the last boat maintenance?

eyes4life
      Participant

IMHO am investment is something you purchase that will increase in value… a boat will not make anyone money it will only cost money… that said boats are great! Use it take care of it and it will be a great purchase, but it will still cost you money sometimes a little sometimes a lot… in my opinion if you buy a boat you kneed to use it… the more they sit the more problems…that’s my experience anyways

Awaiting the next bite...
        glenn57
        Participant

anything related to the outdoors can be expensive. if your looking to not spend money on boats etc……go to the grocery store.

with that said there is something to be said of sitting on a lake fishing, enjoying the outside world and even catching yourself a meal of fish!!!!!! there’s no price you can put on relaxing in the world of outdoor activities. of any sort!!!!!!

highbeeze24

Nothing is cheap on a boat, however, I have found Dingmann in Annandale to be best customer service and bang for your buck price wise. I had him rewire my starboard side of the trailer after some mice found their way in over the winter and do a full winterization and it set me back $250 this season. Three years back it was a new bilge, remove a swim ladder and mount a new set of whackers on the back, full winterization and that came in at $280. The motor is a 4 stroke so synthetic oil. Post COVID inflation crosses all lines it seems. But to echo E4L, they are not an investment, they are a money pit that you love to have.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.