Are there crappies in Mille Lacs?

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Are there crappies in Mille Lacs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wildbilldanger
    Participant

I have nevere heard anyone talk about crappies in the big pond except maybe in the south end; are they in the lake, in the north?

Hello, I am the Dread Pirate Roberts, I am here to avenge the death of my father, prepare to die!
      Ripjiggen
      Participant

I am sure there are some in the north coves boat harbors. Not much protection on the main lake for them up there so I am sure the majority are in the south bays. I have only targeted them in the south bays. Can’t say in 25 years I have caught one on accident on the main lake.

BrianGross
        Participant

I have a cabin next to Terrys boat harbor on a channel and we get real big ones around this time like 15-16″ they fight like small northern on light tackle.

chris63
          Participant

When there is still ice on the main lake but the shallow harbors open the crappies are on a feeding binge for a short window.It’s funny you mention never caught by accident.In 40 plus years we have never caught a crappie on the main lake.We never target them either.There are some SUPER SLABS if you can find em!!!!They are out on the big lake some target them in Isle bay.Good luck let us know what you find!!c63

Bobber
            Participant

I’m 60 yrs young! and have seen ONE crappie caught in the main lake area in all those years.. It was caught out by Hunters Point 2 mile fishing late season perch one year

Bob "Bobber" Carlson

You can tell how big a person is, by what it takes to discourage them! "Hooks"

CatRider
              Participant

I caught one off my dock a couple of years ago at one o’clock in the morning on Wahkon Bay. Wife and I were slip bobber fishing with leeches.

Ceeber
                Participant

The south side of mille lacs is hitting crappies right now. Troll and fish the docks. A lot of nice size.

Walleye1212
                  Participant

B

Minnows2Muskies
                    Participant

I’ve seen a few dead ones the west side after ice out. My kids caught a couple slabs last summer on the west side main lake casting rapalas toward some reeds. As far as crappie in the harbors, that’s the rumor. I tried a couple times this year and nothing. They’re there I guess but just when I am not.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.