area lakes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SavageDaddy
    Participant

Possibly headed Alex direction next week or so. Question is – hows the snow/ice condition if i bring a wheelhouse? Would i be able to get onto a lake without shoveling myself out?

Im not asking for spots – heck, not even lakes. Just want to know about mobility…

SD

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he want to borrow your rods, reels, sonar, auger fish house, boat...
      SavageDaddy
      Participant

Anyone? Anything?

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he want to borrow your rods, reels, sonar, auger fish house, boat...
        Ret-ro

Have a friend up near Miltona and he was saying lots of snow and slush on the lakes. Shacks were limited to guys with plows.

SavageDaddy
          Participant

Thanks Ret-ro!

not exactly what i wanted to hear, but if thats the case…

SD

rjsobas
            Participant

I was up in Alex on Jan 4 and 5. There is alot of snow on the lake. I was able to get off road in a couple spots with the Suburban, and on other lakes there were some nicely plowed roads to get around. You could likely find places to set up a wheel house. Miltona had a couple nice long roads as well. , I am not sure what has happened in the last week . The cold weather this weekend should help freeze things up for ya

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work
              SavageDaddy
              Participant

How much “good” ice are you typically finding under the snow/slush blanket? i dont mind a little off roading and getting stuck, as long as i stay topside….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.