Baypoint Park

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Miss. Pools 4-11 Baypoint Park

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tomk1
    Participant

Is the launch open yet?

rooz
      Participant

lots of soft ice ready to be busted up

tomk1
        Participant

I was at Red Wing today. I saw well over 100 boats there. I can’t believe that NONE of those guys fishing can post on here. I use to get great information from this site as to where to go, what the bite was doing, where to launch, ect. Now nothing! Why??????

I fished today from the dam down to young’s cabin. It was a tough bite. We managed a few fish but you REALLY had to talk them into it. Water temp was 43.5 degs. and the rollers were open so the flow was FAST! Those two things made the bite tough! I think with the temp coming up about 2 degs more and the flow slowing just a little the bite will pick up but with the melting snow north of here that might take 5 or 6 days.

Please share more on here about things. I drove 120 miles to get down to Red Wing and it would sure be nice to have just a little dinfo before making a trip like that!

ItsWalleyeSeason
          Participant

As far as i know there isn’t any snow north of the twin cities really, most increases in flow is going to come from the ice melting up there at this point.

You can find lock and dam info at this link:

http://corpslocks.usace.army.mil/lpwb/f?p=121:4:0::NO:::

That will teach you what you need to know about lock and dam status which in turn should give you an idea of the flow and water clarity. If you’re fishing pool 4, you’re looking at L/D 3

I’ve seen a reasonable amount of information on this website, and the **** website regarding pool 4, you just have to do some digging and use the search option.

“Please share more on here about things. I drove 120 miles to get down to Red Wing and it would sure be nice to have just a little dinfo before making a trip like that!”

^^^ I don’t mean to sound like an ass, or call you out, but I hate this “give me your info” mindset, and with social media, more and more people are adopting it. Someone still has to do the legwork, and its an adventure man, take the knowledge you can get and go give it hell! The community here is full of helpful people, but at some point you just have to get out and fish.. It’s an experience! If the fishing sucks, oh well, you tried and probably had fun anyway, especially with the weather we’ve had the last two days!

I drove from Detroit Lakes to Red Wing. Caught 1 fish Saturday, nice 20″ in 15ft the only day I fished, and had a freaking blast. Waters up 6ft from my lake map base, 40/41° water temps, murky and fast, but I knew that driving down, and just don’t care. I scratched the itch, the boat still floats and life is good.

Colville launch was good to go, there is still a locked gate leading to the docks. I checked bay point first and kept driving south.

Fishing relaxes me.. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something. --- Ron Swanson
            tomk1
            Participant

If you re read my post I was not asking for spots or anything else like that. I was asking about launch info. I just said people use to post all that other stuff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.