Big stone perch

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Southwest MN Big stone perch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sartellangler05
    Participant

Going to Ortonville this coming weekend and if thebirds aren’t flying we are fishing big stone for perch. Any suggestions whete to start.

Tork
      Participant

Go to the bait shop in town (Artie’s) to get bait and talk to them. They will put you on the fish.

WANNABEINOTC
        Participant

They’ve been up towards Mallards Pt and Bonanza this last week or two.
          After my dad shot a fork last Saturday he went out with his cousin and they got a couple perch and some good crappies.

zooks
          Participant

What OTC said regarding location. My dad and his friends have been out quite a bit lately with the nice weather, said bite windows are short and lots of days you can mark fish but tough getting biters.

Fishing was good in Sep and Oct, more 10″-11″ fish than recent years so I’m hopeful we’ll have ice to fish over Xmas or New Year’s. Good luck if you go.

Increase my killing power, eh? Let's do it! - Homer J. Simpson
            sartellangler05
            Participant

Its going to be cold!! Bringing the flashers and short rods. Will give Arties a shot! My uncles neighbor got into them 2 weeks ago, table full of 11″ perch.

Anonymous

sartellangler05 wrote:
                Its going to be cold!! Bringing the flashers and short rods. Will give Arties a shot! My uncles neighbor got into them 2 weeks ago, table full of 11″ perch.

Just wish it was cold to make some ice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.