Boat for sale posting deleted???

Home Forums Lake State Fishing Central General Discussion Boat for sale posting deleted???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    danemanny
    Participant

I posted an ad for selling my boat and it has been removed. I believe I followed LSF rules. Any insight to this?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Reinhard
      Participant

I’ll let Kirk or a moderator find out why it was deleted but as for me and if I were selling a boat I would show more of it than this. good luck.

http://www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com

Die young as old as possible.

highbeeze24

I couldn’t give you an absolute on who or why this was deleted but if this was sitting in the classifieds for a long period of time with no refreshing it more than likely was deleted due to general maintenance. Moderators will occasionally go through the classifieds section to clean it up to avoid a lengthy area of the site with many posts that have little to no traffic.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
          danemanny
          Participant

I had 4 pictures and a brief listing with the CL posting # for all info and an additional 15 or so pictures. Just used this picture as a reminder of it.

Just listed it yesterday.

So again, not exactly sure the reason?

MasterGopherHunter
            Participant

Here are the rules. Since you mentioned you had a CL post for the same boat, that’s probably the reason for it getting removed. Very lame if you ask me. Who cares if you have a link to CL?

(a) Sellers
              • All “for sale” ads must include an asking price. Do a Google search if you are unsure of market value.
              • No commercial activities. That includes Sanford and Son types. If you wish to advertise, contact us.
              • No external links. (Don’t just link to your ad on Craigslist, Ebay, etc) Some employers block access to these sites anyway. Please take the time in creating your ad. Add a picture if possible.
              • Ads that are neglected will be deleted after a reasonable time. Please don’t post an ad if you are not intending on visiting the site again. Keep an eye out for replies to your ad, or any private messages you may receive, etc.
              • Do not excessively bump your ad. You are allowed to bump your ad to the top not more than once every 72 hours (3 days) which is a reasonable timeframe.

MasterGopherHunter
              Participant

Below are the rules. Since you mentioned you included a CL post I assume the ad was removed because of that, which is really lame if you ask me. I don’t understand what the problem is with having a link to a CL ad. It’s not like LSF is losing business because of that.

(a) Sellers
                • All “for sale” ads must include an asking price. Do a Google search if you are unsure of market value.
                • No commercial activities. That includes Sanford and Son types. If you wish to advertise, contact us.
                • No external links. (Don’t just link to your ad on Craigslist, Ebay, etc) Some employers block access to these sites anyway. Please take the time in creating your ad. Add a picture if possible.
                • Ads that are neglected will be deleted after a reasonable time. Please don’t post an ad if you are not intending on visiting the site again. Keep an eye out for replies to your ad, or any private messages you may receive, etc.
                • Do not excessively bump your ad. You are allowed to bump your ad to the top not more than once every 72 hours (3 days) which is a reasonable timeframe.

Bandersnatch
                Participant

danemanny wrote:
                  I had 4 pictures and a brief listing with the CL posting # for all info and an additional 15 or so pictures. Just used this picture as a reminder of it.

Just listed it yesterday.

So again, not exactly sure the reason?

You have to have a price

And you Can Not have a Craig’s List link.

orandausa

I looked in the admin area and there was no info there as to it being deleted. It may be the CL reference, (you did not have a link) or maybe by accident.

List it again and maybe some engine info. That is what I noticed wasn’t there.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
                    danemanny
                    Participant

Yeah, maybe that’s it. But… technically it wasn’t the link to the CL posting. I did have the 10 digit post ID number so if people were really interested, they could see more information and pictures.

danemanny
                      Participant

Thanks for all the help. I will list it again when I get home from work. I did have a price which is the biggest fault and probably the most often left out. Thanks again

Kirk

danemanny, I deleted your post because it had a link to craigslist and that is against LSF rules. It sounds nit picky but if we let it start happening than all the ones in the past that we deleted would make a lot of people mad. I tried to pm you but for some reason the pms are messed up. Re list with no link and there will be no problem. Sorry about the pms…….Kirk

Only 2 defining forces ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

nofishfisherman
                          Participant

Why not just update the rules? Who cares about past posters, I doubt anyone is going to get too upset about it. I assume you’ve got the power to change the rules or at minimum stop enforcing the dumb ones since you’ve been the main reason the lights have stayed on around here.

Kirk

nofishfisherman wrote:
                              Why not just update the rules? Who cares about past posters, I doubt anyone is going to get too upset about it. I assume you’ve got the power to change the rules or at minimum stop enforcing the dumb ones since you’ve been the main reason the lights have stayed on around here.

Believe it or not I do not have the right or capabilities to change anything. These rules were put in place from day one and we just try and keep it the same. And I care about the past posters and all of our members so we are all treated fairly in the past as well as the future. Again I do this because I truly enjoy this site so much and try and do little things to keep the lights on. I appreciate your comments though and appreciate your membership here on LSF…………..Kirk

Only 2 defining forces ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

danemanny
                              Participant

Ok… thanks for the response.

I will repost without the Craigslist ID number.

BrianHoffies
                                Participant

highbeeze24 wrote:
                                  . Moderators will occasionally go through the classifieds section to clean it up to avoid a lengthy area of the site with many posts that have little to no traffic.

If that was the case there would only be 4 forums left in the whole place.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.