Bush Lake report

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Metro Area Bush Lake report

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    orandausa

Since I can be on water in 10 minutes Bush lake in Bloomington is a good choice for when I only have a few hours available.

Tuesday night was one of those times. Didn’t get on water till 6pm.

That lake is becoming more and more popular with kayaks. There were 8, 4 fishing 4 not . 3 canoes, and 3 other small boats on the lake.

But I was fishing that is all that mattered. My little fishing boat is a bit over kill but I really like it. 15 hp 4 stroke electric start, bow mount 36 lbs trolling motor, with Marcum 3 connected. 7″ tablet with Navionics and a Humminbird something at the stern. Way over kill for a little lake. But I had this on Big Sandy in Aitkin county for years.

It was a bit breezy out there but not too bad. The trolling motor handled it fine. It is a very weedy lake but the weeds are not bad this early.

Water was a little high, 60 degrees. I was set with a bobber pole, trolling, and a crappie rod. I was all set.

I though it would be too late for the north bays to be holding good fish so I started hitting the structures. The steep drops from 10 ft were marking fish. Got a 24″ Pike with the crappie rod with a blue and white Road Runner’s Crappie Thunder jig. I seem to catch everything with this jigs.

Some Gills in shallower water with worms and a bobber.

Home by 9pm.

A fun night close to home.

Click on pics for non-distorted view.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Bandersnatch
      Participant

Nice!!

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.