Crane Lake spots

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Rainy Lake & I Falls Area Crane Lake spots

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    whiskey-
    Participant

I’m a novice, going up to Crane for the last week of July. We’ll likely make a couple deep trips into Sand Point, but I’m interested in advice for Crane Lake pike and smallies. (My group’s got the walleye spots covered)

My tackle box is very small right now. I have a few topwaters, 2 pike spoons, handful of spinners , a buzzbait, 2 old rat-L-traps, and 5″ wacky senkos (dont have ANY experience with wacky style, first-timer!)

Looking at the satellite image, the shallow northwest bay looks interesting, as well as the area between indian island and Casseretto’s cabin. I have also seen musky lures being tossed towards the rocks around the bear islands.

I’m learning about seasonal patterns and time-of-day strategies, but I get such conflicting opinions based on lake location. I only really need to learn these Voyaguer lakes. Since I’ve gotten back into fishing, I’ve never seen a lake half as beautiful as these, and I’ll be coming up multiple times per summer!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Or tips for wacky/texas senkos!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.