Docks for Boat testing

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Detroit Lakes Area Docks for Boat testing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tharemy
    Participant

Does anyone know if any lakes have a dock put out yet? I got a (new to me) fishing boat and I’m just looking to take it for a spin and check out the GPS, trolling motor, etc.

NOT looking for fishing spots or anything, I may not even wet a line, just looking to safely practice getting used to landing and driving it without doing so on a crowded lake come opener.

Yes, I know you can launch a boat without a dock, but since I can’t bring a buddy with this social distancing stuff, I’m likely to go solo, or with my wife – who would not be excited about no dock.

Thanks in advance. I’ll report back if I end up just driving around searching for one.

arneb04
      Participant

I’m in the Pelican lake area and have not seen any of them out by me yet. Ice has barely gone out if it even has on Pelican itself. Chances are it will be awhile for any of the state accesses, thinking right before opener. Might have luck in DL at one of the accesses by the beach or at Holiday, sometimes they get those in sooner.

One Word - HUMMINBIRD
        @rdshuntclub
        highbeeze24

I wouldn’t know the dock situation in that area but I will say this. Good luck getting on a “quiet lake” these days with everyone stuck at home, furloughed or laid off. I have never seen lakes down in this area so busy in the spring with boat traffic. You can’t blame people for wanting to get out so if you can’t beat em, join em! Good luck with the new rig! Hope everything functions as advertised for you.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
          arneb04
          Participant

100% true from what I saw yesterday. A couple lakes with roadside access (no boats) and people were stacked on top of each other shore fishing. Now. It did look like they were catching fish as well, but I’ve never that many people out. Still not sure there are docks out, I didn’t see every lake yesterday but it still looks like docks are on shore.

One Word - HUMMINBIRD
            @rdshuntclub
            Tharemy
            Participant

Thanks, gents. I did drive around yesterday for a few hours and drove to or past about 10 different landings – there were no docks out yet. My 3YO and I tried off shore for a bit in places, but he was more interested in making ripples with rocks. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.