Door County report 8/5-8/8

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Trout & Salmon Door County report 8/5-8/8

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ret-ro

I finally got the chance to make a run to Lake Michigan with some friends to chase King Salmon in Door county. I have been wanting to do it for a long, long time. We ran out with my buddies Ranger equipped with two down riggers and a trolling mast & big boards. I knew it was going to be challenging to be out for the peak bite periods running on minimal sleep. Word was fish had pushed deep due to sustained east, northeast winds. We put in two split days and closed out with one sixteen hour full day on the water launching at Bailey’s harbor and Gill’s rock. Our final tally was 12 kings and one acrobatic steelhead. We had a bunch of hit and runs, lost a few shakers, broke off one good fish and had one screamer that was still on the initial run over 500 feet out when it thru the hook. We ran a little of everything for lures, but we got all our fish on spoons over depths of 70 to 150 feet of water. Really looking forward to a return trip which will hopefully be next year!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      highbeeze24

I’ve done that trip 1 time and it was a blast. Those are some dynamite fish sir!

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? Vince Lombardi
        snow
        Participant

Indeed,nice fish,did ya have your transducer setup to watch the streakers come in and hit your lures?That makes it exciting as well inbetween hits.Thanx for the report.

Ret-ro

Glassed in transducer didn’t allow us to aim it. Will probably add one next year for better visibility of the riggers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.