East Rush lake.

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk East Rush lake.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    orandausa

I was up at East Rush lake yesterday. I saw people ice skating way out in front of Flickabirds. Also saw a bucket and a spud bar down the shore.

I did not venture out but there seems to be good ice then, at 1pm.

I hope to fish it this coming Saturday.

Stay safe and Tight Lines.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
      Bandersnatch
      Participant

Thanks!!

Saw a post on Rush Point Store’s FB page yesterday saying 3″ on the East Lake.

Be careful out there!! Those Carp really thin spots out this time of year!

Keith

Author
        Rush Point Store
        Hunter Kaehn
        7″ out of flick a birds. Middle of east 3 to 4. 3 to 4 out of the west landing. There is some geese keeping water open over by crane. There is a pressure ridge east of cigar. That runs south east and there is water around that ridge. We don’t know what the 50° weather did to the lake. Reports were from yesterday.

Bandersnatch
        Participant

Author
          Rush Point Store
          Hunter Kaehn
          7″ out of flick a birds. Middle of east 3 to 4. 3 to 4 out of the west landing. There is some geese keeping water open over by crane. There is a pressure ridge east of cigar. That runs south east and there is water around that ridge. We don’t know what the 50° weather did to the lake. Reports were from yesterday.

Keith

orandausa

I was out on East Rush on Saturday 12/12. Going out from Flickabirds we found 4″ of very good ice. As we went out towards the middle of the lake and got into the 22 ft mark we found 3″ of ice. We did not go further. Although there was one person way out there. We started at 9am and left by 11am.

We had lots of company out there. We were not finding anything suspended. Once you dropped a line very small perch would race up. We had lots of small perch a sunny or two would move through.

We then decided to try West Rush. We went in on the West access just north of the Grumpy Minnow. The parking lot was over flowing. Out in front and to just past Cigar Island was a zoo. We had about that same there as East. Left at dark. On our way on the lake we met a guy who stated it was indeed a early am bite. He said he was able to get a limit of 8″ – 9″ Crappies.

orandausa

I was back on East Rush Saturday 12/19. I tried the evening bite. Hit the lake at 3pm. 7″ of good ice out there. Several ATV’s and sleds out on the ice.

Fishing was slow. The only thing we found was tiny Perch. I think that lake has been out fished. I will go back one more time and look in completely different areas.

orandausa

I made it to East Rush on Saturday 1/9/21. Hit the lake about 3pm.
                I went old school, 1994 Kodiak atv, purple Otter Lodge and a gas auger. I was a traveling museum, lol.

I am still scouting for anew place to put the skid house if it ever gets out. no growth in ice since last week, 10″, lots of slush on the ice, about 6 inches of snow.

The normal roads have been plowed. There were 12 or so skid or wheel houses out. Most looked like they were pulled out by sxs wheeler. There where 3 full size trucks out there.

My new spot had tiny sunnies and perch. Then at 5:30 the Crappies moved in. 9.5″ was biggest. They stopped biting at 7. They were there but not biting. I left at 8pm.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Bandersnatch
                Participant

Thanks for stopping back!!!

I am enjoying your reports! Recovering from some surgery and now don’t feel like I am missing out with still only 10″ of ice!!!

That sure isn’t enough for the F150 for this Chicken!! LOL

Keith

orandausa

I got notice the lake has 11 – 14″ of ice. The houses are going out!

I will have mine out Friday am.

Stop by if you see this and say hi.

Attachments:
                    Bandersnatch
                    Participant

Sweet!!

Get on that break between the sand and the mud off the hole so I can use you for a marker if I ever get up LOL!

Keith

Shannon Kruse
                      Participant

Headed out with some folks that came up from Iowa. It was dam cold!!!!! We set a few tip ups and tipped back a few for a couple hours. I was very impressed how many people were on the ice. Fishing was less then amazing… Maybe next time.

Shannon

orandausa

I finally made it back after two weeks of no fishing.

I was surprised there was only 23″ of ice. Up from 17″ but thought there would be more due to the deep freeze. Even less under my house.

Lots of chatting with the neighbors about how bad it was the weekend before with the -30 temps. Glad I missed the Generator freezing up, regulators freezing, trucks not starting, no fish, etc.

I got up there Thursday night 2/18 and stayed till Sunday am. It was great.

The same patterns of Perch and a few Sunnies, then at dark the Crappies move in. As you would expect they are finicky this time of year.

The camera is great on this lake during the day. It is great for learning how fish react. Plus it is plain ole entertaining.

Biggest was a plump 8″ Perch and an 11″ Crappie.

Remember to click on the pics to see them right.

Attachments:
                          snow
                          Participant

nice report,like the pics thanx for sharing.

Bandersnatch
                            Participant

Thanks!!

That has got to be the clearest I have seen that water!
                              Usually, all I saw was algae globules until like the last foot or two!

Keith

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.