Emily area cabin

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Crosby-Deerwood-Emily Emily area cabin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bottlebass
    Participant

The inlaws bought a cabin on a lake east of Emily. We made our first trip up there over this past week. Crappies and Sunnies were spawning and catching them was like shooting fish in a barrel. Plain hair jig did the trick but adding a crappie minnow increased the percentage of keeper crappies and sunnies significantly. All fish went back but did measure many sunnies 9″ and one at 9.25″. Biggest crappie was 11″ with a large number in the 10 to 10.5″ range. Caught a few northern and bass while jigging/trolling for eyes but never found any walleye. Don’t think there are many in the lake but they do stock it. I didn’t have my boat up there and was fishing out of a kayak so that did not help things and I only had a couple hours each day to fish.

Anybody have any advice for walleyes in the Emily area?

zachd
      Participant

I have done well on West fox lake in the winter
        Washburn lake is worth a try as well

Other than that couldn’t tell ya good luck

Janderson
        Participant

Mille Lacs is 40 minutes away.

Lots of good fishing around Emily. After spring is over it is tougher to stay on a consistent bite unless you stay after them. Use the lakefinder app on the DNR site to see if a lake is worth fishing. Lots of good crappy lakes around.

2017 Alumacraft Competitor 175 CS
          2017 Yamaha F115
          2015 Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 70lb. 60" w/ I-pilot Link
          Humminbird 899ci HD SI
          V4 Lakemaster MN
          V4 Lakemaster WI
          bottlebass
          Participant

Thanks for the replies! I wasn’t real specific. i guess I wasn’t looking for other lakes more of whether people are still pulling jigs with minnows or leaches or crawlers, or slip bobbering at prime time or pulling plugs etc. Working weedlines mainly or deeper structure already. In the metro I almost exclusively work weedlines until fall. I’m not real familiar with the Emily area. Have spent my whole adult life driving past it up to Red or Leech or LOTW areas. The water on the lake is a little stained so I’m assuming its kind of like LOTW and daytime is better but I never really tried at night.

We just welcomed a new baby to the family so unfortunately at least for this summer I don’t have a lot of time to explore the area and when we get up there will mainly just be exploring their lake as I get about 1-2 hours at a time to get out.

I was extremely happy with the panfish population. A few bigger crappies would be nice but not necessary as I usually keep 9-10″ers anyway and there were some very big sunnies. And don’t get me wrong, I love fishing for pannies but I do like to chase eyes too.

We were up there during the week so I only saw one other boat out there fishing and he was trolling for northerns so was just looking for a little more info that’s all.

Also got checked by the DNR for a license and he was on a jet ski, never seen the DNR on a jet ski before. I guess it makes sense as it’s probably alot easier for him to launch and re-trailer a whole bunch of times in a day.

Kirk

Was he using a pontoon boat to troll for Northerns, I have a buddy lives up there around the lake you were on………….Kirk

Only 2 defining forces ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

zachd
              Participant

If it were me I would be pulling leeches or crawlers

bottlebass
                Participant

No, he was in a little 14ish foot fishing boat. From what I could tell every evening starting around 6-7 he trolled the whole shore line once then went home.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.