Fabarm shot guns

Home Forums Hunting Forums Guns & Ammo Fabarm shot guns

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bottlebass
    Participant

So I’m in the market for a new shot gun. Upgrading from my Nova pump to a semi auto. I do a lot of pheasant hunting which means a lot of hiking and I want something lighter. I’ve shot M2’s and like them and was originally leaning that route but the gun shop next to my house carries Fabarm and have really been talking up the L4S initial hunter. I had honestly never heard of fabarm before walking into that shop but seems they have a long history. The L4S is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than an M2. I was afraid with how light it was it would kick like a mule but it really doesn’t at all. I initially wanted to stay away from a gas gun but the more I read about them and the amount of shooting I do I don’t think it would be any extra maintenance for me.

Anybody have any experience with a fabarm?

bottlebass
      Participant

DAng I know a lot of posters don’t frequent here anymore but I thought I’d get at last a few hits with opinions on the gas vs inertia shotgun debate…

PBC
        Participant

I don’t hunt so much anymore, but do a bit of Sporting Clays. Haven’t seen any Fabrams out there. You might think about where you can get it worked on. Me personally, I prefer a gas gun.
          A couple of my friends have gotten the Winchester SX4’s.
          Great guns!
          Another consideration, 3 inch or 3 1/2 inch.

bottlebass
          Participant

Well I went with the Fabarm L4S initial hunter. So far couldn’t be happier while killing clays. We’ll see how the bird season goes.

snow
            Participant

never herd of fabarm? I certainly would be leary,hope you didn’t drop the ball on benelli m2 is well proven 8lbs benelli ultra lite is 6lbs if weight is a factor…to late now hope for the best,let us know if your new thunder stick takes a dump on ya,curious minds need to know.

bottlebass
              Participant

snow wrote:
                never herd of fabarm? I certainly would be leary,hope you didn’t drop the ball on benelli m2 is well proven 8lbs benelli ultra lite is 6lbs if weight is a factor…to late now hope for the best,let us know if your new thunder stick takes a dump on ya,curious minds need to know.

So far have over 150 rounds through it. All with a guy who owns an M2 and we swapped out at a couple stations. The Fabarm is significantly lighter and shoots flatter and that was with 1300 fps rounds as I wanted to break it in some. It’s already cycles the lightest target loads with out problem. We’ll see how the season goes but so far I’m happy with it and my buddy who shoots an M2 really liked it so…

snow
                Participant

Any issues breaking it down to clean? big plus for benelli is how easy it is to break down but thats me ,nothing worse than a malfunction in the field clean my firearms after every outting,shooting cheap factory loads doesn’t help either except for the pocket book.Thanx for the feedback.

bottlebass
                  Participant

It is easier for quick cleanings. Everything is in the forearm, just twist the bolt, take the forearm off and you can have it cleaned and put back together in a couple mins. It’s one of the reasons why the fabarm was suggested to me by the gun shop. I also wanted something easy to clean.

For a full disassemble and cleaning I’d say it’s about the same. Definitely not any more difficult. I’ve done that once so far. But according to fabarm and the gun shop should be able to go multiple thousands of rounds without needing to do this if every 100-200 you do a quick cleaning.

Joehere
                    Participant

From what I read,sounds like a good gun,enjoy your hunt with the new auto loader.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.