Favorite Ice House Rental outfitters

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk Favorite Ice House Rental outfitters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Keymaster

What are your favorite resorts/guides/places to rent ice houses from and why?

There may be lots of different opinions and experiences but please keep to the topic of your favorite and why.  Let’s keep it positive.

Let’s Talk Fishing.

Let's Talk Fishing!

Paul - http://www.LakeStateFishing.com

glenn57
      Participant

well i have very limited experience with renting fishhouses. 2 times on minnewaska up by glenwood and once from cookie on upper red lake.

cookies house was a castle compared to the glenwood ones……but they worked.

Bandersnatch
        Participant

With the advent of the Portable the opportunities for fish house rentals have gone way down hill except for the bigger waters. Mille Lac? Love the place, but not going to spend a hundred bucks for a day, and not be able to bring back at least Two Fish. Lake of the Woods? Awesome fishery!! But a bit far for “A Day’s Drive” from St Paul. Leech? Well……I’m at least still thinkin about Leech for this winter….maybe…..kinda sorta…so if ya gotta a guy to recommend??

Gone are the days of that last minute decision to through stuff in the trunk, and head out to rent a Crappie house within a hour or so of the Metro.

Not to mention the Old Fart Factor!! LOL

You know, the one where ya no longer have that urge to load all of that Stuff in the vehicle for Ice Fishing (if you even have a vehicle that is sufficient to do so any longer lol) then head out on a lake by your Lonesome….drill holes searching….shovel snow to set up your base…set up the 80lb house…get the heater going….scoop the holes…etc etc etc Then fish for two hours and reverse the process (chuckle) Who sells That T-Shirt?

At any rate…..maybe again this winter, since I actually purchased a Minnesota fishing license this year!! Even got a Trout Stamp!! (that was a mistake, when I looked at all of the special this, and artificial only that, and catch and release only the other on the S.E. Steams that I fished years ago)

If not, I always have Salt Water fishing in Mexico to look forwards to!!

Since I can’t get the Girlfriend on the plane, a Solo Trip may be in order!!

Here is a Mexican Crappie for ya! (chuckle)

Keith

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          glenn57
          Participant

With the advent of the Portable the opportunities for fish house rentals have gone way down hill except for the bigger waters. Mille Lac? Love the place, but not going to spend a hundred bucks for a day, and not be able to bring back at least Two Fish. Lake of the Woods? Awesome fishery!! But a bit far for “A Day’s Drive” from St Paul. Leech? Well……I’m at least still thinkin about Leech for this winter….maybe…..kinda sorta…so if ya gotta a guy to recommend?? Gone are the days of that last minute decision to through stuff in the trunk, and head out to rent a Crappie house within a hour or so of the Metro. Not to mention the Old Fart Factor!! LOL You know, the one where ya no longer have that urge to load all of that Stuff in the vehicle for Ice Fishing (if you even have a vehicle that is sufficient to do so any longer lol) then head out on a lake by your Lonesome….drill holes searching….shovel snow to set up your base…set up the 80lb house…get the heater going….scoop the holes…etc etc etc Then fish for two hours and reverse the process (chuckle) Who sells That T-Shirt? At any rate…..maybe again this winter, since I actually purchased a Minnesota fishing license this year!! Even got a Trout Stamp!! (that was a mistake, when I looked at all of the special this, and artificial only that, and catch and release only the other on the S.E. Steams that I fished years ago) If not, I always have Salt Water fishing in Mexico to look forwards to!! Since I can’t get the Girlfriend on the plane, a Solo Trip may be in order!! Here is a Mexican Crappie for ya! (chuckle) Keith

but wouldnt the point of renting a fishhouse be to spend a nite or 2 in one out on the ice??????

Bandersnatch
            Participant

but wouldnt the point of renting a fishhouse be to spend a nite or 2 in one out on the ice??????[/quote]

For some, sure!

For others just the evening bite and go home.

For example there used to be about four places to rent houses on East and West Rush at Rush City.

Now there are none.

Keith

Cwallace
              Participant

I have been staying at Bayview Lodge when I go to LOTW. Nice houses, great customer service, friendly, prices are good. Family friendly too, also they let you drive out to your houses and you are close to town so when we get in from fishing I head to the high school and take my kids swimming for a few hours. Not really a party resort either so its quiet at dark.

Joehere
                Participant

Long Point LOTW,,,skip the 20 mile drive from shore,reasonable prices, and friendly owners.

Bandersnatch
                  Participant

Thanks Joe!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.