field huntining

Home Forums Hunting Forums Upland Game & Fowl field huntining

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dunnbar
    Participant

I have never field hunted ducks before and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the best setups or how you have had your best luck doing it? i know a lot of scouting goes into it but i need help for once i get in the field… any help would greatly help.

fishinwithducks
      Participant

Feild hunting ducks can be easy or a pain all depends on the day just do a basic goose spread and make sure you do lots of feeder chatter!

Haywood wrote:
        It's a 14 foot boat. You are from North Dakota, you have had chicks in that car that weigh more than it
        ducksmuggler
        Participant

Have you field hunted geese????
          if so do the same till you get the hang of it!!

Some things to keep in the back of you head is geese WILL NOT fly over ducks but ducks will fly over geese.. So if you set out a dual spread put the duck dekes up wind of the goose dekes. Robo it the **** is fields but kills you goose hunting
          another thing to look at is how fast the birds (mallards) are feed in the field; if they are leap frogging each other a lot it means that field is a “hit and run spot” or getting low on food. SO they may or may not be back… but if they land and feed without moving over the next bunch….. you got the spot…

Hope that helps

The man on top a mountain didn't fall there
          dunnbar
          Participant

Thanks for the advice. I have hunted geese over fields before but i ask because i just made the investment in field duck decoys. If i go out scouting is 2 or 3 days before i plan on hunting too early? and i do have a mojo so i will be using it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.