Fishing Piers …

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Open Water Talk Fishing Piers …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bandersnatch
    Participant

Who’s got the skinny?

The DNR has a little information, but finding reports of what is catchable from what fishing piers, or if they are even worth visiting is tough.

Most outdoors sites are now geared to everyone having their own boat, or contracting a guide service.

This Old Fart just wants to hit spots mid-week and get a Crappie or three for Taco Tuesday an such. Asking questions in specific lake forums has been a bust.

So……wadda ya got?

Anything?

Thanks either way!!

Keith

orandausa

Honestly I haven’t been out much lately. If I go it is to the MN river to fish off shore.

Sadly most patterns are way off due to the drought and the heat.

I would think most fish are trying to find deep pockets of cooler water. Tough to find those on shore.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
        PatK
        Participant

I’ve fished most of the piers south of the metro area with my grandkids. Very hungry but small sunnies are all that I’ve seen caught this summer. The piers are always in shallow water and with the low water levels this year the water is so warm the fish just aren’t there.

"In my travels I've found that if a man uses the phrase "Common Sense" to defend his position, he possesses very little himself." Will Rogers
          Bandersnatch
          Participant

Thanks Guys!!

Keith

RLS
            Participant

I would check with your local bait shops for info on fishing piers.

Also a lot of sportsman clubs sponsor a pontoon and take people fishing. In the PR area there is a Lets Go Fishing group that takes people fishing. Everything thing is furnished, all you have to do is show up. Your local Chamber or Commerce could have info also.

To belittle is to be little
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.