Fishing the MN river.

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Minnesota River Fishing the MN river.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    orandausa

Has anyone been fishing the river lately? I went to the the 35W area in Bloomington with some neighbors Saturday night. Fished from shore with different approaches.

Night crawlers on the bottom, casting jigs and spoons, cut and live minnows suspened off the bottom. In the middle near shore ===nothing.

I had one big thump, and the minnow rig had a fish on for a few seconds.

We fished from 6 – 10:30pm so we may have picked the wrong time of day, but that is what the schedule allowed.

Still a fun evening.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      bottlebass
      Participant

I have not been out to the river this year (usually fish pike island area). Sounds like you hit all the approaches I normally take, weird you didn’t catch anything as the river is usually good for at least something random like a turtle or rough fish.. But that’s why they call it fishing! Looks like you had a nice evening anyway.

dingleberry
        Participant

Looking at the contour of the bank you were sitting on guessing if you went back there today your bait wouldn’t even be in the water. Unless there is a ledge not far out you were probably fishing to shallow. That being said you think a little channel cat or sheepshead would have taken your worms.

orandausa

dingleberry wrote:
            Looking at the contour of the bank you were sitting on guessing if you went back there today your bait wouldn’t even be in the water. Unless there is a ledge not far out you were probably fishing to shallow. That being said you think a little channel cat or sheepshead would have taken your worms.

I was going to the edge to cast then walking back to my chair. It was to soft to hang out at the edge.

I normally get constant Sheephead action here in the evening. But with the super high water we have had it could have changed the patterns.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.