Flats travel

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Mille Lacs Lake Flats travel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SavageDaddy
    Participant

How is it getting around once you get out there, either from Red Door or Hunters? Not looking for specifics – just pulling a wheelhouse with a half ton… Or anywhere on the lake for that matter…

Thanks –

SD

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he want to borrow your rods, reels, sonar, auger fish house, boat...
      MuskieSlayer18
      Participant

when i was out there last weekend it was difficult to get off the plowed roads if you did not have a plow. Not sure how they are now after the wind storms on wednesday.

Once your off the main road it was fine for us.

Call the resort and see what they think. I know red door said to ask the ice crew if you need a spot plowed so that must say something about the snow depth

smackem33
        Participant

Totally f’ed off the road pulling house, no house aka anchor just fine getting around

Your down! Your down!!! Just kidding
          DanTongen
          Participant

Just got back from the Red Door, off road travel on the flats will be tough. The snow is hard and when you break thru you are stuck. A lot of people stuck this past weekend

Dan

SavageDaddy
            Participant

Is the weight of the snow making slush an issue?

Thanks –

SD

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he want to borrow your rods, reels, sonar, auger fish house, boat...
              sundie23
              Participant

SavageDaddy wrote:
                Is the weight of the snow making slush an issue?

Thanks –

SD

I was out yesterday and didn’t hit any slush driving out. I was in a tracked machine so could of floated over also and not noticed. After Drilling holes it got a little wet around them though.

chris63
                Participant

I was surprised not too much flooding when I redrilled around the permy on Saturday. If there is a fresh crack there will be slush hard to see when cross country bombing. Be careful don’t fall in!c63

SavageDaddy
                  Participant

Not much planning of much heavy duty off roading. Probably enough to unhook house, blaze a loop, rehook and park…

Kinda limits the set-up, but not alot of choice. Wife and kids want to get out – last few weekends booked with “other” stuff…

Are most (any) resorts willing (paid) to plow spots?

SD

chris63
                    Participant

Mostly if you can get by the plowed road (high) bank(Keep toro single stage in the pickup) then back in wheelhouse (slowly). Then when spinning you can pull forward without getting stuck. Oh, yea tire chains are the BOMB. Now after the new additional snow it’s anyone’s guess if you can off-road or not.c63

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.