Gill Fishing

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Park Rapids Area Gill Fishing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RLS
    Participant

My neighbor  and I did some Gill fishing yesterday.

We found the fish scattered in  the weeds in 6-9 FOW. The fishing was slow  with no school fish.

Drop shot rigs were used shallow with road runners used in the deeper water. Water temp. was 76 degrees.

Our best fish went 9 inches with some nice 7-8 inch fish boated. All fish were C&R

To belittle is to be little
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Finns
      Participant

fen-wick
        Participant

That was pretty good fishing. But I am always baffled why people have to state. ” All fish were C&R” Is this because it makes people feel better or do they want people to give them praise ??

RLS
          Participant

I do C&R because I fish for sport, 95% of the fish I catch are released.  Occasionally I take a few fish for a meal. All the larger panfish are released to keep the big fish DNA alive in the lakes. If I take some fish home they are the medium sized fish. I don’t need any praise for help keeping the fishery in good shape.

To belittle is to be little
            orandausa

fen-wick, I will not speak for others. But when I state all released it is to “keep the wolves away”. Meaning it is to prevent the discussions of why I should have released them all. People on this site have reported posters to the DNR because they feel that by counting all the fish in their pics over X amount of time they “must” be over limit of fish in the freezer.That happening several times changed my posting behavior. Only one fish per pic.

It is not because I want peoples praise or to make me feel better. I feel better by fishing, it is therapy.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.