Great MEA grouse weekend

Home Forums Hunting Forums Small Game Great MEA grouse weekend

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    600twin
    Participant

My daughter has gone grouse hunting with me for the last few years but this year she had her own gun and shot her first 2 birds. She is 12 and she really enjoyed it. We have a group of the dads that bring up their daughters and 1 son. Youngest in the group is 7 and the oldest is 15. My daughter shot them with the 20 gauge I bought her this year. it was so awesome to hear her say” dad, I didn’t even hear the gun go off and I didn’t even feel the gun kick. when can we go again?”…”why do I feel really warm and my hands are shaking’… I said that would be called an adrenaline rush….almost brings a tear to my eyes.

I do have photos but haven’t really figured out how to get them off my phone and get them on the website. All in all for the weekend the group shot 17 birds and the kids shot 5 of them.Nothing better than spending the weekend in the woods with a bunch of future outdoors women….

snow
      Participant

Man,thats a great story!congrats…

freighttrain50
        Participant

I applaud you guys for getting your girls out into the great outdoors. I can’t wait for my daughter to be old enough to do the same thing.

Chris

2015 Team Archery Contest Winner
          2016 Team Archery Contest Winner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.