Grouse hunting 2021.

Home Forums Hunting Forums Hunting Discussion Grouse hunting 2021.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orandausa

Has anyone been out Grouse hunting?

What kind of numbers have you seen?

My son and I are going for the weekend. Still lots of leaves and warmer than normal.

I haven’t heard much chatter about numbers.

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
      eyes4life
      Participant

Very slow for us been going every weekend and seeing a few bit with the leaves on the trees it’s been tough getting good shots I killed three two weekends ago and my daughter got one…I’m actually very surprised because this summer we saw tons of family groups with between six and up to fifteen in one bunch so we switched gears to the walleyes last Saturday and did ok

Awaiting the next bite...
        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        deadgooses
        Participant

I went up last Friday for a quick walk, about 4-5 miles, on the logging roads near our deer shack.  Only jumped one until I was 1/4 mile from the truck on way back, when I flushed a covey of 5 or 6.  All in the thick re-growth, no shots.  There was a breeze and the leaves were falling, but off trail you still couldn’t see very well.  Colors were nice.  Lots of recreational traffic (ATV) for a Friday morning.

Note to you guys with dogs (and people): Deer ticks were thick anywhere there was grass taller than 6″.  I pulled 5 or 6 off my pants just walking a lap around the cabin.  Hosed down with OFF! after that and the rest of the walk avoided the swamp grass as much as I could.

When in doubt, shoot again.
          orandausa

We were up by Grand Rapids, a bit south way off in the woods. The trails didn’t produce much opportunity but getting into regrowth with a few trails in them se saw some but hard to get a shot. We got two. Man they were the best tasting Grouse I have had.

The ticks were out and all small. Not sure if is a late hatch  or all deer ticks?

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
            eyes4life
            Participant

I’m way north and picked a deer tick off of me yesterday

Awaiting the next bite...
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.