Gull lake 14th-17th

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Brainerd Lakes Area Gull lake 14th-17th

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SavageDaddy
    Participant

Going to be up in the area next weekend. Is it a bust trying to get some fishing in? I guess what im asking is it going to be all recreational boating and activities making the lake overly busy? Other than early and late, which is likely the best fishing anyhow…

If fishing is possible – any advice on where to head or try for? Enough for a fry would be cool!

SD

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he want to borrow your rods, reels, sonar, auger fish house, boat...
      Jmnhunter
      Participant

hey SD; gull gets busy but not that busy, alot of areas to get away from the main boat traffic.
        panfishing is popular in the green/love/roy lake wilson/steamboat bay area; walleyes *CAN* be decent out there at the popular structure points on the main lake. I’ve only walleye fished it once this year so far and it was a trolling adventure with only 2 fish caught

SavageDaddy
        Participant

Thanks for the pointers!

SD

Give a man a fish - he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he want to borrow your rods, reels, sonar, auger fish house, boat...
          SavageDaddy
          Participant

Anyone with anything to add? Going up tomorrow for what looks like a long, wet, weekend…

SD

smokey
            Participant

Good Luck!!

bottlebass
              Participant

SavageDaddy wrote:
                Anyone with anything to add? Going up tomorrow for what looks like a long, wet, weekend…

SD

Some of my absolute best fishing days have been rainy days, especially for eyes! Good luck and report back!

SavageDaddy
                Participant

Well, i wasnt able to get out as much as i would have liked, between high wind, hurricanes, and other obligations. Wasnt able to land any fish, but a good time was had by the kids, just being out and scooting around the lake. They especially thought it was neat to stand on the bottom while in the middle of the lake on the north side rock bar.

SD

smokey
                  Participant

evening trolling cranks I guess is the ticket currently. I was up and on Monday a buddy that lives up there said lets go and we trolled till midnight in 8feet or less and caught 3 missed a few more. 16, 21, 26

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.