Hand numbness

Home Forums Species Specific Forums Musky & Pike Hand numbness

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Stoutslaya
    Participant

Anybody get numbness in their hand after palming their muskie reels from long fishing trips? I recently had that happen and it’s not happened to me before. I am using a low profile reel (Lexa 400 HD) with a legend tournament split grip rod that has the full hand seat and I’ve noticed this issue. After a long weekend fishing it is really bad and I still have some numbness and tingling in my hand today after not fishing since Sunday.

Any suggestions or advice? If this continues I may see a doctor to see if it’s some underlying issue like carpal tunnel or something but I’m wondering if maybe I’m gripping the real wrong.

LakerChaser93
      Participant

There is a company that makes a pistol grip style mount for muskie rods. I haven’t used one before but i can see the advantages over palming the reel and getting the claw.

snow
        Participant

same here numbness,just in my right hand fingers,tell myself old age,started a few years ago and stays just in my fingers,could be underlying issues but no pain just numbness.

nofishfisherman
          Participant

Could be a lot of things. Might not even be related to the hand or wrist. I’ve got a shoulder issue and at times the nerve in the shoulder will cause some tingling and numbness in pinky, ring finger, and middle finger on my right hand.

I’m guessing there is some underlying issue that flares up with the activity.

FatPharmer
            Participant

I have the same problem, I started wearing a pair of Futro wrist braces when I sleep

It's to bad people that know it all can't do it all!
              LakerChaser93
              Participant

The claw!!! yeah i get this problem too, usually my hands are fine after a day or so. I try and switch to a foregrip over palming every once in awhile, but it feels awkward. There is a company that makes a pistol grip style handle that attaches to your rod, I have personally never used one, but it might be worth a shot?

Muskyface
                Participant

Sounds like you guys need the outdoor grip! Been using one for 3 years now and won’t fish without one now. Takes about 30 to 60 minutes to get use to it but it’s a game changer. Trust me, you will love it!

cateyepike
                  Participant

I am not a musky angler but I get the same thing often. It usually gets me when I am holding a rod trolling or paddling my kayak. I have to hold my hand above my head for a few seconds to get the blood moving again. My chiropractor has traced it to my neck that causes it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.