heading up to gull next weekend

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Brainerd Lakes Area heading up to gull next weekend

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tm3716
    Participant

Any tips?

jmo-iceman
      Participant

I have none. However, I’ll be there starting Friday likely until Sunday. PM me and I’ll gladly let you know how I’m doing.

I still haven’t figured out where I’ll be, mainly due to snow totals that have been changing and that I’m not sure what’ll be accessible or what roads are available. I’m sure we’ll figure something out.

Best of luck.

B-dubs78
        Participant

I will be up there this weekend as well starting sometime tomorrow afternoon. I am leaning towards going out of Ernie’s or public access in Hole in the Day Bay. I’ve been trying to find some intel on ice conditions and fishing report the last few days but nobody seems to be talking.

MasterGopherHunter
          Participant

Last Saturday (1/6) I measured 13″ of ice out south of the rock pile. There were trucks and wheelhouses all over (seems a bit sketchy for my liking) and I read a report from someone last night (1/10) that said they had 16.5″ in Hole in Day bay. There’s maybe 4-5″ of very fluffy snow on the ice, and we got another 1, maybe 2″ over night, but it’s blowing a lot. Last week the Hole in Day bay access was in pretty good shape. I can’t speak for any other accesses.

While the ice conditions are quite good, the fishing hasn’t been too great from my experience and from hearing from others. Good luck!

jmo-iceman
            Participant

We were out yesterday 1/12 in van sickles bay. Left out of the federal dam launch. Ice was as thick as 18 but down to 15 where we set up. Marked fish but only caught a small perch. We’re moving today but I’m not sure where yet. I heard from bait shop that rock pile looks like a city so maybe I’ll try over that way.

MeMyselfandEye
              Participant

I’ve been on Gull since late Friday and have not caught anything but perch. Moved once but still no luck. 14”-16” of ice out of Hole in the Day bay and into the mid lake area. Hopefully someone is getting better results. I’ll trade a poor weekend of fishing for a Vikings win!!!

ryguyMN
                Participant

I’ll be up at Hole in the Day Bay this coming Saturday to pre-fish the Brainerd Jaycees contest the following weekend. The lack of bite is discouraging, but hopefully things change here soon. One of these days I’ll place on the leaderboard.

Ryan

<`)))><

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.