Hidden Falls Shoreline – Bait & Temp. Advice

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Miss. Pools 1-3 Hidden Falls Shoreline – Bait & Temp. Advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DockDude
    Participant

1. What kind of bait works best for ya’ll around Hidden Falls, especially if fishing from the shoreline? I’l fish for anything.

2. Is there a temperature that seems to be best when the fish are more active around March-April period?

Thx,
      DockDude

Alex aka DockDude on YT
      nofishfisherman
      Participant

Have only fished the hidden falls side a handful of times, spent more time on the Minnehaha side.

A jig and minnow or jig and some sort of plastic swim bait has always been my best lure. Bring a lot of extras as you will lose some. If you fish the Hidden Falls side I’ve seen the most people fishing directly across from Minnehaha Creek and up towards the dam.

I haven’t taken water temps but on a normal year late march through April has been the best times although this is not exactly a normal year.

The minnehaha side can be very good when the water is high during the spring snow melt, not sure we’ll get the really good high water this year though. On really high water years the fish will be found all the way up into Minnehaha creek.

Seems like the white bass like a jig and any white plastic. The walleye liked a fat head or some sort of gold/black or white plastic swim bait, and the small mouth tend to show up a bit later and like all of the above.

backup63
        Participant

Is that part of the river ice free? I’m guessing that it is.

nofishfisherman
          Participant

I’m guessing most of it is now but I haven’t been down there recently.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.