How’s the ice coming along?

Home Forums Lake & River Forums Detroit Lakes Area How’s the ice coming along?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ndoutdrs
    Participant

Looking for ice thickness and conditions in the Cormorant/Pelican Lake/Dunvilla areas. Thanks in advance.

ItsWalleyeSeason
      Participant

You’re certainly going to find fishable ice out here. Big pelican finished locking up last week. The bays were frozen longer than that so the access near zorbaz is most likely walkable right now, probably wheelerable, but I haven’t checked it yet. Been out of town for work. I’ll probably check it tonight when I get home. The middle bigger bay was open later so probably less ice there. Its gotta be close by now though.

The smaller lakes have been locked up for a long while now. It got cold and wasn’t too windy. The warm.days last week only helped to melt the snow and didnt affect the ice from what I see. Probably helped honestly just to remove the insulation.

Theres all of 8/9″ on the small lake I live on right now, and my guess is the other smaller lakes are similar.

I dont drive by Cormorant or Lida or Lizzie on the regular so I dont have too much info in those regards, maybe I’ll swing by today for funsies. Sauer locked up early this year so that’s probably good to go and I bet the shanty tiwn is already forming.

I have been New Town ND all week, so I know what I know from last sunday. Also Sakagawea is wide open much to my dismay.

I heard someone put a van in detroit but that was through the grapevine so I dont know for sure.

Dont plan on driving out as far as I know. Be safe and bring your picks, check the ice regularly especially on big water and you should be able to go out just about anywhere. Especially if you’re walking.

Fishing relaxes me.. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something. --- Ron Swanson
        WalleyeChaser
        Participant

Thanks for the report ItsWalleyeSeason! Happy fishing

bowhuntermitch
          Participant

I’m located about 20 miles East of Ottertail (the lake). 6-8″ as of Sunday depending on the lake. I plan on Fishing Ottertail this weekend.

ndoutdrs
            Participant

Thank you!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.