Ice auger upgrade

Home Forums Minnesota Fishing Forums Ice Fishing Talk Ice auger upgrade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bitekiller
    Participant

Last year I bought an Ion x auger and was wondering about keeping one of my old gas augers at my lake place. One is an older eskimo and the other, although is also an eskimo, I believe it may have been a post he digger with an auger bit attached.

See pics.  Artisan couldn’t find the model of the red one an thought that it is possible that it is apost hole motor for 2 reasons: no primer and he asked if it was hard to start (yes) the carb could jetted for summer use.

Question is which auger is better( bigger motor) or is it worth finding a replacement carb with a primer. To keep one as a back up or just get rid of them.

Tony
      Vegetarian: that's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'--Andy Rooney
      The first rule of duck and goose hunting is simple: if the birds can see you, then you are freezing your butt off for nothing.--Jim Zumbo
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      orandausa

I would not put money into it or keep it. Those are so loud.

If you wanted to keep I out make it as light as possible and use as a threat backup. “My ion broke or I forgot it, can you drill me a few holes? , Or I will be forced to fire this guy up”. Anyone near you will drill you some holes.  lol

Yes, Yes that is a 39" Pike.
        Joehere
        Participant

On year 5 with Milwaukee/K-drill 6&8”,,, got rid of all others.

JoeFish
          Participant

My 20-year-old Jiffy still fires up and drills down like a fat kid on a teeter-totter.   A gaser is well worth keeping around.
            I do however start it in the spring and fall and I do run a little Berryman B-12 in it.  (and everything else, damn stuff is like having a carb mechanic in a bottle).  If noise is a problem then you may be getting too old.

[email protected]
            "All bleeding stops eventually" - L.Levin
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.